{5} New Philosophies

!!A/N!!

I just wanted to thank you guys for getting me to almost 100 views!  That's crazy.  This is the most a story of mine has increased in readers in such a short span of time, especially considering it's not a fan fiction.  I was starting to lose hope, that the only stories people would read on this site would be fan fiction!  Don't get me wrong, I love FF, but I like fiction just a wee bit more.  

Also, please remember to vote it up and COMMENT if you enjoyed the chapter. 

: {)  <- Mustache man

Bye :)

After Dimitri had dropped me off last friday, he said he'd call me. Five days later, and has he called me? Hell no. Damn, it's such a shame that I managed to mess it up.

But what'd I do? The date went pretty well, I thought at least, and then out of the blue he gets all tense and barely gives me a credible goodbye. I was racking my brains over something that was probably just him giving up. If only Lilly was around to vent with me, but unfortunately she hasn't been answering my calls, texts, or returning my voicemails. She was off the grid! She had great advice about things like this, and it was usually pretty accurate. Now, all I had was to guess that he got tired of waiting for me to screw him.

Still, it didn't explain why he introduced me to his family, though. So many questions... Questions that Lilly could answer. It wasn't very often that she went away like this, but then again, it's only been a few days. She might be with family, or Adam. Last I talked to her, she was getting pretty hung up over him. I can't believe I'm admitting this, but I miss her endless chatter over Adam. It was like she was obsessed! Couldn't blame her though, if I had a guy who looked at her like Adam did, I'd be falling over my own two feet on the way to his place.

It was then that a metallic shrill of a phone awoke me from my miserable daydream, forcing me to cease my endless questions.

"Hello?" I answered groggily into the phone, pursing my lips as there was a long sigh on the other end. "Hello-o-o?"

"You have no idea how long I've been trying to get ahold of you," a deep voice spoke through the line. It lacked the huskiness of Dimitri's voice, but had the same strong, controlling tone to it.

"Who is this?"

"It's Adam."

"Oh?" I responded, not really sure what to say. "How'd you get my number?"

"I got it off of Lilly's phone before it died, but I need your help."

"Why were you on Lilly's phone?" I asked, dropping my pen. How dare he! Isn't it usually the girls job to get jealous and go through every form of social media the loverboy has? Then, the realistic side hit me. Adam might not have been snooping for the hell of it... What if Lilly was in trouble?

"I haven't heard from her in a few days, so I kind of came by her place and snuck through the window..."

"Ugh, you creep!" I shrieked. Okay, maybe it was the whole jealousy thing. "I'm her best friend, and I didn't even do that."

Wait, I was her best friend and I didn't even think about that! Why wasn't I as smart as Adam?

"You didn't let me finish! I snuck through the window because her door was blocked by a dresser or something. Her place was a mess, and her bedroom window was broken. I think someone might of hurt her or-"