{6} Lilly's Inferno

!!!A/N!!!

Hey guys!  I just wanted to thank you so much for 100+ views!  That's INSANE!  Also, thanks for voting and commenting, it means the world.  I'm in the process of editing, so please bear with me.  I'd love it if you comment about anything that is WAYY out of place!

 Finally, I apologize for such a slow beginning, and chapter (oops).  I can't stress that things WILL happen in this story, I swear!  But I just want to make sure my characters are developed and all that geeky stuff :) 

Thank you so much for reading.  Don't forget to vote and comment if you enjoy cx

Brianna <3

The nights hum of absolute silence rang louder than the truck we were driving, and the cool breeze that whistled through the window calmed my nerves to a point where I wasn't shaking. Lilly was my best friend, she always has been. I needed to get to her, because I knew she'd do the same for me... right?

"Lucy," Dimitri whispered, sliding over a seat so he was right by me. Adam was driving up front with Luca, the rest in a car behind us.

"Hmm?"

"Promise me you'll be careful," he whispered, his warm breath was so near my skin... it sent shivers down my spine, distracting me from my worrying momentarily. He continued after a moment.

"I know a lot has happened in the last few hours, but I need you to disregard all the secrets for right now. Don't let it bother you... If anything distracts you, they'll find you. I'm not kidding, that pack you're infiltrating tonight is dangerous. God damn, I can't believe I agreed to this..." he babbled on, droning out into a mumble before I finally looked at him.

Placing a hand on his arm, I smiled softly and planted a chaste kiss on his cheek, obviously catching him off guard. I mean, we've been on two dates, and of course he knew I was interested, but we had yet to actually kiss, or do anything remotely close. It was rather elementary, but there was plenty of time for that when we weren't worrying about my best friend being killed off.

"It's okay, Dimitri. I'll be smart. You'll be right by the territory line, too. I'll scream if I need you."

"Alright..." he mumbled as he pursed his lips. "We'll be in our wolf forms. If we do have to come and help, we're going to look terrifying, Lucy. Just remember we aren't the ones that will hurt you."

"I know," I sighed, lowering my gaze slowly. "After this is all over, you need to tell me more about this whole thing, okay?"

He nodded, placing a hand over mine before the truck came to a complete stop. "This is as far as we go."

Shit. My eyes went wide, and my legs were threatening to mold themselves to the floor. I had to do this... For Lil's.

"Alright," Adam said as he opened my door, helping me out. "The territory line is just a block of so down the road, we'll be over there..." He pointed towards a hill in the distance. It was even further away! What if we really were in trouble, and really needed their help? What if they couldn't get to us in time?

"There is an old friend of mine in that pack, believe it or not," Adam started. "He'll be waiting by the territory line, so don't be frightened. He's a friend. Whatever he has planned to get you in, play along. If you ever feel like they're suspicious or getting too angry, just whisper the word 'lunge', and we'll be there in a heartbeat."