1.

Being a teenager was overrated, to say the least. Blending in was not my for-te and, honestly, that was the hardest part of it for me. But, yet, here I was, sitting alone in my car, outside of Axel Morgan's lake front home.

All the lights were on as loud music spilled out through the open front door and windows.

Sighing, I stepped out of my forest green Mini Cooper and tucked my keys into my jacket pocket. From what I could see, the majority of the people who attended Axel's party were already drunk. This made me more determined to find a certain brunette.

When I walked into the house, it was hard to miss large groups dancing and grinding on one another as Diamonds by Agnez Mo blasted through the speakers. As I made my way through the crowd, I spotted my sister. She wasn't hard to miss, given that she was on top the bar counter, downing shots like it was her last night on earth, and cheered along with the group of guys surrounding her. When her green eyes connected with mine, she smiled widely.

"Kayla! You made it!" She jumped off the bar and wobbled her way to me. "I'm so glad you're here!" Taylor said, pulling me into a bone crushing hug. She reeked of cheap beer and weed.

"Let's get you home, okay?"

"But I'm having such a good time!" she whined. "Besides, it's the last day of spring break! Have some fun."

Before I could smack some sense into the person I shared my mother's uterus with, a loud commotion started outside, diverting everyone's attention to the back yard.

Taylor let go of my hand and disappeared into the group of people making their way to where the racket was coming from, and I followed.

"How could you do this to us Axel?! To me?!" Tammy, Axel's long time girlfriend, screamed at him. Axel looked like he didn't know what was going on.

Or maybe he just didn't care.

"Come on Babe! Can we just talk about this later? This is a party!"

Tammy's eye twitched at Axel's words and she threw the liquid, that was inside her cup, at his face. A collective gasp came from the spectators and I was shocked that Axel just took it without a word. Everyone knew he had a temper.

I spotted Taylor again and whispered her name as loud as I could. This was the reason why I avoided coming to these things. There was always too much drama going on.

Taylor shushed me and I rolled my eyes, sighing for the hundredth time tonight.

"Did you even mean what you said to me just last night?" Tammy continued. "Or was it all just words to get back into my pants?"

"I don't need to bedazzle you with words for sex, Tamz. I can get it from anyone here."

Ouch!

I'll give it to Tammy though. Even if she was on the verge of spilling tears, she kept her chin high.

"Glad to know that four years with you was such a waste of my time."

We all watched the two carry on, not knowing that tonight would be the last night for Tammy Oscar's life.

* * * * * * * * * *

Soundtrack 1 = Diamonds by Agnez Mo ft French Montana