14.

My room was a complete and utter mess but it was all to hide the evidence from my investigations. Tammy was alive but I still had to figure out who was behind Axel's death and why were they after me.

I needed to find the connection.

Pulling out the plastic bag, with my old boots that I took from Bethany's, and inspected them. When I took the boots from Beth's room, I hadn't really paid much thought to the rusty color under my shoes until my brief dinner with Liam.

Grabbing the pair of scissors that sat on my desk, I scraped some of the residue onto a piece of paper. At first glance, the flakes looked liked rust but the metallic smell all but confirmed my initial thought.

Placing the paper into an envelope, I tucked it in my book just before Travis came through my bedroom door. He looked worn out and tired, like he hadn't slept in days.

"Hey," I said as he fell face first onto my bed. "You okay?"

He nodded, smiling at me. His eyes twinkled with amusement and a hint of mischievousness. I walked over to where he was and layed on my back, next to him.

"Where's Tammy?" I asked curiously. I unconsciously played with his hair.

Travis didn't answer. Instead, his gaze was stuck on me, capturing my eyes. I don't know how long we stayed that way but I never wanted it to end.

"I love you, Kayla."

At first, I was shocked by the sudden revelation, but as the words sunk through the space between us, I knew I couldn't keep my feelings at bay any longer.

"I love you too," I said, sitting up and this time he followed me. Travis cupped my cheek in his palm and I closed my eyes under his touch. He rested his forehead against mine and sighed, like he was fighting an inner battle. My hand snaked behind his neck, pulling his lips to mine. The kiss was soft and unsure but when Travis moved a little closer to me, I knew I had him.

My legs cradled his thighs as I positioned my body on top of his. He held my hips, his fingers tracing my spine making my back arch. I moaned softly as he bit my lip and trailed soft kisses down my neck, lingering on the spot just below my ear lobe.

Travis knew how to get a reaction out of me. So when my fingers tugged at his hair, I could feel him smile as he captured my lips again. I could feel my body shiver under the thin vest I wore as Travis pulled it over my head.

Normally, I would hide my exposed parts but Travis made me feel like I had every reason to show him my body. His eyes caressed every noock and cranny of my torso and flipped me onto my back so that he could inspect further.

I giggled as his lips trailed down to my belly button and up again to the space between my collar bone. He found my lips again and this time, I took control. I rolled him over and pinned his arms above his head, intertwining our fingers together. Unlike me, Travis had on way more layers but I was impatient. Grabbing all three pieces, I pulled them above his head, kissing his neck in the process.

When his hands were free, he grabbed my waist, holding me in place on his center. By this time, we were breathing so hard that my lungs burned for more. I wanted to feel every part of him.

- - - - - - - -

I layed on Travis' chest as I looked out of my bedroom window. The sun had set, leaving the sky a purplish orange colour that reminded me of Playdo. Travis was awake but his eyes were closed and I bit my lip as I propped my chin on his chest. My fingers walked down his muscular arm as I thought back to what we just did...how he took his time with me and kissed literally every inch of my body, how he made me explode with want over and over, how he whispered my name in my ear when he was close to finishing...all those things made me smile to myself. I didn't realise how much I'd miss being in his arms until now.

"Ready for round three?" Travis chuckled, his warm brown eyes sparkled with enthusiasm.

"Maybe when I could feel my legs again," I smiled, kissing his lips. "Right now, all I could think about is food." My stomach growled loudly, on cue, and Travis pulled me on top of him.

"Are you sure you rather be eating a sandwich than be in bed with me?"

I raised an eyebrow at him as if that was a legitimate question and Travis laughed. "Right."

"After I eat we can do anything you want."

He smirked sordidly, rolling me onto my back. "Anything?"

I laughed as he nibbled on the nape of my neck, his hands roaming the gap between my legs.

"Yes! Anything!" I said, trying to remove his fingers. "I'll be right back," I said, kissing him quickly before slipping on my panties and tank top.

I padded to the kitchen and took down ingredients for two PB and J sandwiches and grabbed two Gaterades from the fridge. When I arrived back to my room, Travis was standing at my desk, with a letter in hand.

I froze when I realised the shattered sapphire drawing on the back and sighed. Travis was upset. I could tell by the way he looked at me. He was beyond pissed and I understood why. We've had our share of trusting one another and I probably broke that bond again.

"Why didn't you tell me you were getting letters again?" His tone was calm but stern like he was defeated.

"Travis," I started, setting the plates and drinks down and walked towards him. "You don't have to worry."

Taking the letter from him, I placed it down on the desk and wrapped my arms around him. He looked down at me and tucked a few strands of my hair behind my ear.

"How can I trust you when you keep breaking your promise to me, Kayla?"

"When I got that letter, you and I were not really on speaking terms. I didn't know how to bring it up to you and then Tammy came back and it just didn't seem relevant at the time."

Travis sighed and sat down on the bed, pulling me between his legs. I hugged him, rubbing his back.

"I can't afford to lose you again, Kay," he mumbled between my breasts. "Now that I have you again...I just can't..." He trailed off but I understood what he was trying to say. He didn't know what he would have done. Ever since what happened with Taylor, Travis and Liam were both concerned for my safety.

"Hey," he looked up at me as I spoke. "How about you stay the night? My parents are going to stay with Taylor again so we have the place to ourselves."

Travis nodded, bring my lips to his and soon we found ourselves tangled in the sheets for the third time in two and a half hours.

* * * * * * * * * *

Soundtrack 25 = Unworthy by Vancouver Sleep Clinic

Soundtrack 26 = Before The Song Is Over by Aron Wright