Part 6

“I have to go the bathroom”, Camila said in raspy voice.

The surgery had gone fine and there was no need for assistance in breathing or speaking, but nobody knew about singing yet. Lauren was sitting on a couch by Camila’s bed going through a magazine.

“Ok babe, here let me help you,” Lauren said as she got up from the couch and helped Camila out of bed.

“Are you gonna come in here with me?” Camila asked with a grin.

“Um yes, cause I feel like there is not a part of your body I haven’t seen, but not with that intention” Lauren responded as Camila pulled her close.

“But we haven’t kissed in more than 24 hours and for a wife, that is like a whole century,” Camila pouted.

“Maybe it’s because you just got surgery baby, I don’t wanna suck all the air out of you,” Lauren said, putting her arms around her waist,

“But you won’t, I promise,” Camila said as she leaned in.

Lauren met her halfway and they shared a small kiss. “That’s not enough,” Camila said, biting her lip. Lauren couldn’t hold back any longer and leaned in again, this time kissing Camila with passion. Camila asked for entrance, which was immediately accepted and Lauren bought Camila’s lower lip. After a while, they broke up the kiss because of lack of air.

“Maybe this can be the way I exercise my lungs?” Camila said, wiggling her eyebrows.

“Maybe, but next time, not in the bathroom or when you need to pee.” They both laughed.

“Normani, Camila is not going to be able to sing tomorrow!” Lauren exclaimed at the phone. They were at home already and the record label was insisting on finishing the album as soon as possible.

“Lauren, what do you want me to do, we can’t lose the contract, that will be the end of our careers and not all of us have the popularity of you two. We need this! I need this!”

“Look, I’m sorry ok? But I’m not about to risk my wife’s health for some stupid song.”

“Fine you know what, whatever, just talk to Camila and call me with whatever you decide, I’ll try to convince the label to give us another month or something.”

“Thanks Manibear, I really am sorry I hope you understand.”

“I do Lo, I’ll talk to you later, I love you.”

“Love you too.”

“Who do you love?” Camila said as she leaned against the door frame behind Lauren.

“I don’t love anyone more than I love you,” Lauren smiled as she hugged Camila. It was more of a comforting hug, something they both needed.

“I’m sorry.” Camila said as a tear streamed down her cheek. Lauren pulled back to look at her.

“Baby, why are you sorry?”

“Because all of this album drama, it’s all because of me.”

Lauren wiped the tears off Camila’s cheeks with her thumb. “Hey don’t blame yourself, ok? We’ll pull through this, we always have and always will.”

“What if we don’t? We are going to be a family but Mani, Dinah, and Ally are hanging by a thread here, Lauren.”

“I know, but what can we do about it? If they decide to move on then they are free to do it.”

“I just, I’m scared for us and for them, I don’t know what’s gonna happen. I don’t even know if I can sing,” Camila scoffed.

“Why are you being so negative all of a sudden?” Lauren looked at her, confused.