Chapter 70

Fanfic: Empire Ch 70, Gossip Girl | FanFiction

A/N: I'm so sorry it's taken me this long to write this chapter. I've been extremely tired the past few days and not feeling well at all. But, I'm hoping to have a double update today! Enjoy!

Chapter 70

Lux's Point of View

I'd finally made up my mind to tell Chuck that I love him and I couldn't be more excited or terrified in this very moment. I knew deep down that he might not say it back to me, but I needed him to know how much he means to me and how much I do care about him and how much I appreciate everything he's done for me with or without my knowledge. It's a risk, sure, but it's a risk I'm willing to take. Everything with Chuck was a risk, but I'd bet on him any day of the week. I always would, because he's the one.

I smiled to myself as I stood backstage behind the curtains watching the socialites work the runway like they've done it their entire lives. I guess strutting up and down 5th Avenue carrying shopping bags was excellent practice. Blair's a pro in that category. The show lasted all of about thirty minutes, which seemed like a short amount of time given all of the preparations and work that went into putting it all together.

The music changed above head signaling that the last two girls were about to walk the runway, which meant Serena and Poppy would be walking next. Blair had sidled up next to me after disappearing a few moments earlier. I gave her a sideways glance, but said nothing. I was still pissed she'd almost sabotaged my charity show. Luckily, the socialites agreed to walk again for me, some even made charitable donations to the American Cancer Society. You've got to love

The audience clapped loudly over the roar of the up-temp music the moment Poppy stepped out onto the runway. She was wearing one of Eleanor's more elegant pieces. An emerald colored knee high cocktail dress with a sweet heart neckline and golden pumps. I'd love to steal that for my closet. Natural earthy hues were in this year and Eleanor did an exquisite job blending the colors in with her fall line. Poppy worked the runway one final time then disappeared, allowing Serena to close out the show.

I have to admit I sort of envy Serena a little. I mean the girl is gorgeous with her blown out sun kissed summer hair and long tan legs and perfect smile. With just the snap of her fingers guys bow down at her feet like she's their Queen or something. Serena was and will always be the type of girl that looks flawless in anything; tonight was no exception either. She was seriously rocking the vibrant silk emerald color cocktail dress that matched Poppy's. Although, this one didn't really fit with the rest of Eleanor's designs, it was skimpier and looked like it belonged in a club downtown not the runway.

"Where's Serena?" I heard Jenny ask from behind me, "She's onstage." I replied, looking over my shoulder to see her mortified expression and the classier version of what Serena's dress should have looked like hanging on her arm.

"This is her dress; she can't be out there yet!" Jenny squealed panicking, as she peered around me to see Serena posing for the cameras with a bright energetic smile on her done up face. Jenny and I shared a worried look both thinking the same exact thing at the same exact moment. We both snapped our heads towards Blair.

"You mean Serena's on the runway of Eleanor Waldorf's show in a design not made by Eleanor Waldorf? Oh, dear." Blair shot out sarcastically, clamping her hands together in front of herself and batting her eyelashes like she had no clue what was going on. I could almost guarantee you Blair did this.

"Blair, when will you ever stop?" I barked at her furiously. Blair furrowed her brows together genuinely confused by my remark.

"Stop what? She deserves to be humiliated, after everything. Serena and Jenny both do!" Blair snapped back at me. I shook my head and bit my lip before I said something I'd surely regret later just as Eleanor approached us. She was positively glowing from all of the success she's made tonight. Her smile quickly faded as she stood between Blair and Jenny gawking at Serena out on the runway wearing someone else's dress.