Chapter One

I woke up and felt like something huge was about to change. I mean something huge. So, I dressed accordingly. Soft sweatpants and baggy t-shirt, both black. I went downstairs and into my kitchen.

"Hi mom." I said.

"Hey Cassidy. There's something I need to tell you and you'd better sit down." Mom said, I jumped onto the black star granite countertop next to the sink.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"There's something you should know about yourself. You were adopted at birth." Mom said.

I didn't blink. "I've suspected that for a while. I want to meet them." I said.

"I knew you'd say that so I took the liberty of finding them and I could only find your biological father. I have a phone number and an address, I can call him and you can meet him." Mom said.

"No, I want to call him. He made me I should call him." I said, bouncing off the counter, signaling the conversation is over.

My whole life it's just been me, mom, and dad until he left us when I was thirteen. It's been over two years since he left and things only got better without him. I found the phone number for my bio dad and called him on his cell. He picked up on the second ring.

"This is Dean Winchester." He said.

"Hi, my name is Cassidy and I'm your daughter. You gave me up for adoption a little over fifteen years ago and I'd like to meet you." I said getting straight to the point.

"Listen, kid, I don't have any kids. You can't be mine unless I slept with a girl and left really soon afterwards. I wouldn't have left without a goodbye though, I'm not that big a douche." Dean said.

"Dean, the paperwork says you're my biological father. Would a blood test please you?" I asked.

"Yes, actually. I can meet you anywhere just about any time." Dean said.

I gave him a local McDonald's address and we agreed to meet at six o'clock.

I couldn't figure out what to wear since my wardrobe mostly consists of screamo rock band t-shirts and black jeans. I do have one shirt he might appreciate though. It's black with red bubble letters reading "I'm taken, back off bitches" and if he won't find that amusing, he lacks a sense of humor. I wore that shirt with black jeans and my favorite pair of shoes, all black vans. When I got to the McDonald's, he was already there. I knew it was him by his looks. Dark brown hair and the greenest green eyes ever and the cheekbones. I have those features. While his hair is cut short, just barely long enough to not be military style, mine is a pixie cut, similar to Jennifer Lawrence's. Dean has freckles dotting his whole face while mine are only scattered across my cheekbone area. Anyone could tell he works out, and I do too, it's how I coped with dad leaving. Now I'm very strong for my age and extremely fit. I took a deep breath then walked over to his table, which was tucked in the back window corner.

"Are you Dean Winchester?" I asked.

"Yes. Are you Cassidy?" Dean said.

"Yes, I am. It's nice to meet you." I said, extending my right hand towards him. He took it for a quick, firm shake.

"Are you gonna sit?" Dean asked.

"Yeah." I said.

"I was hoping you'd look like your birth mom so I'd know which girl it was, but you look like the female version of younger me. How are you in such good shape?" Dean said.

"When I was thirteen, my dad left us. I coped by going to the gym and lifting weights with a guy friend of mine." I answered honestly.

"I'm sorry." Dean said.

"Things actually got better without him. I came out of my shell of antisocialness and made some friends, other than the only other girl my age in my neighborhood who's been a sister to me since day one, Sarah. Why am I telling you all this?" I said.

"Because you need to talk to somebody about everything. You can't just bottle it up and hope against hope it goes away. It doesn't work like that and neither does life." Dean said.

"Did you just say there's no hope in life?" I asked.

"That's not what I meant and you know it." Dean said, eyebrows raised.

"Yeah, I do. Just messing with you." I smiled.

"I like your shirt by the way." Dean said.

Dean and I got along extremely well, better than I could've hoped, and we are meeting up again in two days, and this time, I get to also meet my uncle. I'm so excited for next week! But at the same time, I'm dreading it. I start school this Monday.