Chapter Three

The next few months were kind of a blur. Moving day, dad getting custody of me, changing my last name to Winchester, school was easier than expected, and my mom was killed by a werewolf. Her heart was missing and a few other people got attacked the same way and were missing their hearts. Sam and Dean worked the hunt and found the werewolf and killed it. Dean is teaching me how to be a hunter, and tomorrow is the day that Alice and I will have been together for one year. Thankfully, that day is a Friday, so I'm going to take her on a special date. She's going to feel like she's on the moon. She is also sleeping over that night. Her parents don't know about us so it's the only way she'll be able to get out of the house with little suspicion. The only time I don't feel emotionally numb is with Alice. She means the world to me. Lately, all I do is lay on my bed and listen to music while texting my friends and Alice when I'm not doing homework or studying.

"Cassidy!" Dean hollered.

"Yeah?" I hollered back. He came upstairs.

"Can I come in?" Dean asked.

"Yes." I said, putting my phone face down next to my pillow. Dean walked in and sat on my bed.

"Tomorrow is the day of your one year anniversary and I just wanted to let you know that if you two have sex it won't bother me or Sam." Dean said.

"Thanks Dean. Good to know. Do you think you could take me to Hot Topic? I need to get Alice something and I know what she likes. I just need to go there and get it. Please?" I asked innocently.

"Yeah. Let's go." Dean said.

Dean and I went to the local mall and into Hot Topic. I found a beautiful ring that she'd love, it's a wide silver band with a fake black rose on it. I also found a necklace that had a crescent moon pendant that had "love you to the moon and back" engraved. I also got a card from hallmark. She's gonna love this.

"Dean, why don't you ever call me Cass? Sam does and so do Alice and Andy and Sarah and all my other friends. How come you don't?" I asked.

"It's because we had a friend that was an angel, his name was Castiel but Sam and I called him Cas. Sam wasn't as close to Cas as I was and he wouldn't have been, Cas and I were together for a while. That's why. He had to go back to heaven to rule it and he has to stay there, permanently. He can't visit anyone. He broke my heart." Dean said.

"Oh. I didn't know. I'm sorry." I said.

"It's alright. How could you have known? When I'm ready, I'll call you Cass, alright?" Dean said.

"Okay Dean." I said. We rode in silence the rest of the way back home.

I went to bed and woke up on my living room floor, on my stomach, at about six in the morning. I needed to get up anyway. I didn't remember getting up last night, so I didn't mention it to Dean or Sam. Dean took me to school as usual and at the end of the day, Alice came home with me.

"Hey Alice." Dean said as she got in the Impala behind him.

"Hey Dean." Alice said.

"How was school?" Dean asked.

"Good. Nothing exciting happened. Oh wait, the girl in my grade that's pregnant had a contraction. Probably false though, she's only six months through." I said.

"Were you there when it happened?" Dean asked.

"Yeah, it happened at lunch." I said.

"Wow." Dean said.

The rest of the car ride was silent. Not uncomfortable, but still silent. When we got to the house, Alice met Sam and we had a snack then went up to my room.