At the Office

When I get to work its as crowded as always, I head to the top floor my floor. Stepping off the elevator I see Steve standing to the side waiting.

"Mr. Heyward" he calls out

"Mr. Yates" its a question

"In conference room two waiting on you sir"

"You're a life safer Steve. Whatever did I do without you?" I joked

"Sir" he sounded a little worried

"Whatever it is Steve it can wait" I tell him putting a hand up as I start toward room two "I have a meeting to attend, have Jackie hold all my calls and tell her not to schedule any more appointments until I am done" 

"Yes sir" He says as I step into the room

I put on my best work smile 

"Mr. Yates" I say to the middle-age man that set at the long table in the conference room

He really doesn't look his age with lite salt and pepper hair that he keeps styled nicely. He doesn't look no older than I do.

"Mr. Heyward" he stands

I take his outreached hand as he offers it to me for a farm hand shake. His gray eyes show no emotion at all.

"Your late" he seethed "When you said bright and early I thought that is what you meant"

Hum his angry 

"Yes will I didn't mean four o'clock this morning sir"

"Yes will lets get down to business shell we" he takes his set

"I told you yesterday and the day before that Mr. Yates I have no "Business" with you. Your company stolen from mine. And if you're stilling form my company you're stealing right out of my pocket. And personally I don't like that one bit. The money I hand out goes to the children than need to be feed." I look down at some papers that I had brought in with me "Now if you are going to tell me that the money that you stolen from me was to feed more children. Than I would say go ahead take it do what you want. But Mr. Yates, I think you and I both know that is not what you had in mind when you took that money." looking over at him I see sweat beading at his temple "So here's my deal to you, take in one of the children for a month. Cloth them, feed them, and teach them."

"And what if I refuse your offer"

"I could take you to court and sue you for the money you owe me and than some. But you see Mr. Yates, its not about the money. Its about the children that receive the money. So whats it going to be"

He runs a shaky hand though his hair finally showing his true age. Nodding he looks up at me.

"You Mr. Heyward are one hell of a business man"

I smile

"So I been told"

"You got your deal when do I get to meet this kid"

"We will go over to the orphanage together next week. I'll help you with your chose"

"Vary will" he stands

"It was nice doing business with you Mr. Yates" I take his hand shaking it

I show him out 

"Mr. Heyward" Steve says when Mr. Yates is out of sight

"I don't have time to Steve, got papers to take care of" I brush him off

Every since I had meet Raven I had been avoiding my friends. Its not that I meant to, I just didn't know how to tell them that I was fucking a seventeen year old. Yes she was my mate and yes we will one day be able to tell the world. But right now with her being seventeen we have to keep it between just the ones that know.