Chp20: The Quiddich Match (c)

Lee Jordan was finding it difficult not to take sides. "So -- after that obvious and disgusting bit of cheating. "Jordan!" growled Professor McGonagall. "I mean, after that open and revolting foul
'Jordan, I'm warning you --"
"All right, all right. Flint nearly kills the Gryffindor Seeker, which could happen to anyone, I'm sure, so a penalty to Gryffindor, taken by Bell, who puts it away, no trouble, and we continue play, Gryffindor still in possession."

Katie passed the quafle to me and I caught it. I dodged some Slytherins and flew straight towards the loop and threw the quafle through it with anger. The Slytherin keeper touched the quafpe by the tips of his fingers, but it went through anyway. He recoiled in pain.

"Gryffindor scores another point!" Jordon almost shouted.
But amidst the cheers from my team, came a scream. It was Harry.

Suddenly, people were pointing up at Harry all over the stands. His broom had started to roll over and over, with him only just managing to hold on. Then the whole crowd gasped. Harry's broom had given a wild jerk and Harry swung off it. He was now dangling from it, holding on with only one hand.
"Harry!" Some of my team mates called out. I flew towards him.

His broom was vibrating so hard, it was almost impossible for him to hang on much longer. The whole crowd was on its feet, watching, terrified, as the Weasleys flew up to try and pull Harry safely onto one of their brooms, but it was no good -- every time they got near him, the broom would jump higher still. They dropped lower and circled beneath him, obviously hoping to catch him if he fell. I was so scared. I wanted to help him, but was helpless.
Marcus Flint seized the Quaffle and scored five times without anyone noticing.

I looked around to find Hermoine. She was no where to be seen. Ron was standing alone without her in the Gryffindor rows. I looked around frantically trying to find her. She had to help Harry... Somehow.

Suddenly I was disturbed by some noises coming from the teachers stands. Professor Snapes' robes had somehow caught fire. There was a disturbance in the teachers rows.

Hermione.

She had done the job. It was enough. Up in the air, Harry was suddenly able to clamber back on to his broom. I breathed a sigh of relief.

Harry was speeding toward the ground when the crowd saw him clap his hand to his mouth as though he was about to be sick -- he hit the field on all fours -- coughed -- and something gold fell into his hand.

  "I've got the Snitch!" he shouted, waving it above his head, and the game ended in complete confusion.
The Gryffindor team and I flew down to congratulate Harry.
"You did it! We won!" I screamed as I hugged him.
"Yeah... I guess." He said, hugging me back.
Soon we were joined by Hermine, Ron, Hargid, and all Gryffindors.

 "He didn't catch it, he nearly swallowed it," Flint was still howling twenty minutes later, but it made no difference -- Harry hadn't broken any rules and Lee Jordan was still happily shouting the results -- Gryffindor had won by one hundred and seventy points to sixty.

It was a great day, indeed.