Chp4: Harry Potter and Ron Weasley

"Has anyone seen a toad? Neville's lost one." Said Hermoine as she stepped inside and I followed her. The red haired boy had his wand out and it seemed to be doing magic.

"We've already told him, we havn't seen it." Said the boy.

"Oh so you are doing magic?!" I said excited.

"Lets see it then." Said Hermoine in her usual bossy voice. I looked at her. Seems like she was back to normal. There was no sign of nervousness in her as before. She sat down opposite the boys as I sat down next to her. The boy was taken aback but said, "Er... all right."

He cleared his throat loudly and said, "Sunshine, daisies, butter, mellow, Turn this stupid fat rat yellow!" He waved his wand but nothing happened. The rat stayed grey and fast asleep.

"Are you sure that was a real spell?" Asked Hermoine. "Well, its not very good is it?" I looked at her exasperated. How could she boast so much!

"I've tried a few simple spells just for practice, but its all worked for me. Nobody in my family's magic at all, it was ever such a suprise when my sister and I got our letters, but I was ever so pleased, of course. Even Cathy here, was so excited! Ofcourse, I mean its the very best school of witchcraft there is, Iv'e heard... I've learnt all ofcourse by heart, of course, I just hope it will be enough... I'm Hermoine Granger, by the way, and this is my sister Catherine... who are you?"

She said all this so fast that it took some time for us to register what she had just said. I was the first to recover and said, "Hermoine, I can give my introduction on my own, thanks." To that, she just shrugged and waited for the boys to reply. Both of them, had identical expressions of amusement and suprise.

"I'm Ron Weasly." The red haired boy muttered.

"Harry Potter" Said the dark haired boy with glasses. His name was familiar, but I couldn't really remember where I had heard his name. But Hermoine seemed to know. "Are you really?" She asked, "I know all about you, of course... I got a few extra books for background reading, and your in Modern Magical History and The Rise and Fall of Dark Artd and Great Wizarding Events of the Twentieth Century."

I looked down embaressed. Hermoine clearly did not know where to put a stop.

"Am I?" Harry asked looking dazed.

"Goodness!, didn't you know, I'd have found out everything I could if it was me," Said Hermoine, ignoring my 'stop-right-now' expression and continued, "Do either of you know what house you'll be in? I hope I'm in Gryffindor, it sounds by far the best; I hear Dumbledore himself was in it, but I suppose Ravenclaw would'nt be bad either... Anyway, we'd better go now. You two better change, I expect we'll be there soon."

I felt myself going red. I was shocked to see Hermoine' sudden change in emotions. Just outside this door she was so nervous and figity and suddenly she's gone into overconfidence mode... she really IS annoying sometimes.