Chp3: Neville Longbottom

Hermoine joined me after a few seconds. I was pleased to see the same reaction of awe in Hermoine's face. She stood in silence staring at the huge train untill I clicked my fingers in front of her eyes. She gave me a look and whispered, "Its much more bigger than actually mentioned in the book."

I rolled my eyes at her and said, "Fancy trying to find a compartment?" She nodded and we both set out to look for a compartment together.

Everywhere there were parents kissing their children goodbye. After searching like the entire train for an empty place, we came across a compartment where only one plump boy sat. "Lets sit here, shall we?" I asked Hermoine. "Yeah" She said nervously.

I slid open the compartment door and asked "Umm.. we checked the train and there are no empty seats... so can my sister and I sit here?" I asked hopefully.

"Yeah sure.. why not?" said the boy who looked as nervous as Hermoine.

"Thanks!" I smiled as I kept my luggage on the rack. I took a seat opposite to the boy and Hermoine sat by me.

"Im Neville.. Neville Longbottom." said the boy sticking out his plump hand.

"Im Catherine Granger and this is my sister Hermoine Granger." I said as I shook his hand.

"Jeez Cathy I can introduce myself! said Hermoine.

"Whatever!" I said rolling my eyes. "So umm.. this is your first year?" Asked Neville.

"Yeah. And you?" Hermoine said. "Same." I think I got all my books and everything. Im very forgetful, you see. Im using my father's wand..." He said as he drew out an old looking wand. "He does not use it any more..." He said with a sad face. "And my grandma reckons that I should use this old toad as a pet." He said as he put his hand in his other pocket. However there was nothing there. " Oh no! Trever! Oh no! I think I lost him again! He said as he stood up and began to look around frantically.

Hermoine and I glanced at each other before I asked him, "Neville... can we help you?" He looked at us with tears in his eyes and said, "Yes please, he must have escaped from this compartment I guess."

"Well search him." Hermoine said as we slid open the compartment and went out. We asked many people whether they had seen the toad but no one seemed to have spotted it.

At last, we reached a compartment where a boy with black hair and a red haired boy sat.