Pretty little dolls

Donnas Pov

We head very carefully to Lila bedroom as the floorboards are all rotten or fallen away. After about 15 minutes we find the room only the door is locked.

"I could kick it down" Aimee says smiling.

"Whatever hulk" Cass says rolling her eyes.

"There is a trick to it" I murmur

"What?"

"The door, there is a trick to it"

I walk over and pull my jacket around me tighter it's like the air has suddenly gotten a lot colder in just five steps. I touch the handle and pull back quickly as its ice cold, I pull my jacket sleeve over my hand and try again. I twist the handle and pull up and push the door open. Immediately I am hit with a sense of grief. It's a gift I have inherited from my grandmother I am able to sense the pain of the past and hear the ghosts whisper.

It kinda sucks when your in bed or the bathroom and you hear someone whispering to you, the fist time it happened I nearly peed my pants I was so afraid I couldn't even move.

We all step into the room and already I feel like that's a mistake.

"Ok I will set up the candles, Donna the incense please and Cass if you want to light the sage"

"K" Cass and I reply.

We set up the room, which can I just say is really creepy. Once Aimee lit the candles we could see what the room had to offer.

The desk has a book on it open on the date July 18 1955 but the writing is hard to read. There is not a speck of dust or dirt in the room which I must admit is really starting to scare me. There are four beds in a row with the names Gretta, Finlay, Helen and Lila carved into the ends which is cute it looks like the beds from Snow White and the seven dwarfs.

The wall paper is a crisp white with light pink and blue flowers and a vine in each of the corners of the room, it's actually quite beautiful. In the corner is a dark wooden rocking horse, it's mop of pure white hair flowing ghostly down its side and back. There are also four dolls sitting next to the horse, two on either side. As I bend to take a closer look a small breeze touches my back and I jump out of my skin. Aimee and Cassie are still setting up so I ignore it and pick up one of the dolls. It has a light purple dress on and black hair cut in a bob at its shoulders. It's big blue eyes stare straight ahead like its watching everything we are doing, creepy.

All the dolls have the same kind of feel about them, but they differ in looks. The one beside it has brown wavy hair past her shoulder blades and onto her pink creamy colour dress and hazel eyes with green flecks. The other two are smaller dolls and look more like children. One with red hair that falls all the way down her back in waves and a beautiful blue dress with lace, it has the clearest blue eyes I have ever seen. The last doll is laying on its side so I pick her up and instinctually brush her off. She is the most beautiful in my opinion, she has long golden blonde hair down her back and the most beautiful green eyes with blue flecks around the iris, she is wearing a jade green dress with a pink satin ribbon around the waist. They all have small pink smile on there lips and there eyes have a feeling of great loss and pain to them.

"What the?" I mumble as I notice a painting behind the rocking horse. I try and move it but its like its glued down or something.

"Umm.... Guys you may want to see this" I say turning my head but leaving my eyes on what I found.