Day 1

Standing before me was the infamous Hollywood Arts (which according to Trina) the place where every talented artists and musicians came from. This happens to be one of the many places that my sister constantly brags about, and seeing the bold letters rendered in orange paint, I can see where the hype is coming from.

I'm a bit nervous and terrified, actually that's an understatement. I am told to be one of the luckiest students who were given the chance to study in such a prestigious school, and I just think that's overwhelming.

Hollywood Arts was— in no doubt intimidating compared to my former school. Sherwood improves the intellectual skills of their students academically, while here in Hollywood Arts, well you can forget about quantum physics and algebra.

People depend on their talents and skills to survive the semester. Having brains and using them counts too, but you'll mostly need your creativity to get A's. My parents are equally supportive and they both gave me a brief talk about this. They said that I should at least try to give this place a shot, and they were right. I was given the opportunity to study here, so might as well give it a try.

The only downfall is that I'll be spending the rest of my high school years with Trina, which is not a pleasing thought at all, but I'm sure she'll come around and probably won't even give me a second glance since she has her own set of friends to annoy and worry about.

"Let's go sistah sistah!" Trina called out and I followed her as she enter the double doors of Hollywood Arts.

-

It wasn't long though until Trina exchanged me for a juicy gossip. I recall her exact words earlier, along the lines of "You're not alone" and "I've got your back" but guess what?

"I'm alone!" I yelled as I watch her retreating figure escape from the corner of the block. I just can't with her.

"Hey!" I called out to the tiny redhead who came walking towards me.

"Can you tell me where-"

"Oh my god! You're Tori right?" she said, cutting me off with a smile.

"Uh huh" I answered cheerfully.

"You were so awesome at the big showcase" she beamed. She seems awfully cheerful in the morning.

"Aw thanks" I cooed.

"My name's Cat" she said still sporting the same smile that she was wearing a while ago. She seems awfully cheery on a monday morning...

"Oh like the animal" I pointed out.

"WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?!" I stared at her with wide-eyes, not wanting to upset her any further I stammered a response, "No-nothing, I love cats"

"Oh me too, they're so cute" she said, turning around and leaving me speechless as I watch her walk away.

What just happened?

I didn't get to ponder around her reaction. I quickly called the attention of a nerdy looking guy who just entered the building. He was carrying a puppet in his arms and oddly enough it didn't bother me.

"Hey" I greeted him and he muttered a simple hey back at me. He was still walking so I caught up to him and tapped his shoulder.

"I was wondering if-"

"Oh yes! Hi! hello! Female yes" he exclaimed while eyeing me from head to toe. It made me slightly uncomfortable but I asked him anyway.

"Do you know where Sikowitz's class is?"

It took him a while to respond and when he did, he was a stuttering mess. His face was flushed while rambling at his words. I couldn't understand him, I mean who uses north and south while giving directions?