C10: Did I really just do that?

Lillian on the left, Zoe on the right

Hannah had made good friends- Lillian's friends were Zoe, Mary, and Paula. They were lovely girls.

In PE one day, Hannah yet again ran into Will. They were playing basketball and he was on the opposite team. She was marking him and he had got the ball, turned around and had sent Hannah flying to the ground.

She fell backwards.

Crack.

It could be heard throughout the hall. Hannah was lying on the ground. She had blacked out.

~

She woke up to find herself in sickbay. Around her was Lili, Zoe, Mary, Paula, Emily and Will. She groaned as she tried to sit up. Then she started crying as pain engulfed her.

Will pushed her back down onto the bed. Even if she was in pain, he made her feel better.

But no bright smile came from him. Just a single, crystal tear dropped from his cheek. He took her hand and held it.

"I'm so sorry, Hannah. I didn't mean to."

"Can someone please tell me what's going on first." Said Hannah.

So she's told:

After Will had run into her, she had fallen over and had blacked out because she had broken her leg. She was about to be sent to a hospital in London and they were trying to decide who should go with her.

"She should decide herself," said the matron as she walked in. "I wish I could plaster her leg myself, but it has to be done 'professionally'".

Hannah sighed. She wanted her friends to come, it would be amazing if Will could come. But she wanted Emily to come the most.

"Emily can come." She said. "Sorry guys. But I'll be back soon, ok?"

There were mumbles of agreement and then Will carried her to the ambulance. She wanted to fall asleep in his arms.

~

2 days later

Hannah hobbled into the school on crutches with her sister and parents walking slowly beside her. They bid farewell to their parents and we're off to class.

Hannah was welcomed by many faces and chattering.

"EVERYONE GIVE HER SOME SPACE!" Yelled the teacher. And she went forward and found a seat.

Will walked up to her. Then he did something unexpected. He hugged her.

"Are you ok? I'm really sorry Han. I feel so guilty-"

Hannah put a hand up to stop him from saying any more. She had kept her sense despite the fire display that was burning in her head.

"Say no more. It wasn't your fault."

"But it-"

"No. Stop. I won't accept it. If it was anyone's bloody fault, it was mine. I'm so clumsy."

He grinned showing white teeth.

"Ok."