Chapter 21

Ravens P.O.V
I got out of the car and headed inside. When I got inside I dropped my bags in my room and put the clothes away. After I went and got a monster from the kitchen and sat in the living room flipping through channels. Jaime came home soon and sat across from me on the other couch. "Hey," I said.
"Hey baby sis how've you been?"
"Good. You?"
"Good. Warped tours coming up so we're just practicing for that," he said. I nodded.

Jaime's P.O.V (earlier in the day)
"Everything okay man?" Vic asked sitting next to me while we were taking a break.
"Yeah it's just that Raven is 18 now. I don't want to rush her into something but she needs to get a job and needs to start taking on her own responsibilities. Yes I have more than enough money but if she's gonna live with me she needs to start paying some rent and for her own phone bill and everything."
"Oh. Well tell her that. She is your little sister and you have rights to her and its your house."
"Yeah but I don't want to sound like a dick."
"She's Raven, Jaime she'll understand," he said.
"Yeah your right."
Later practice was over and I drove home.
(Back to the present)
"Raven?" I asked.
"Yeah?"
"Listen I don't want to rush you into anything but I'm gonna need you to start to help out by getting a job and helping pay rent. Your 18 and I just need you to take on some of your own responsibilities."
"I understand. Actually I'm looking at colleges I wanna go into teaching," I said. Jaime looked shocked.
"Alright well what college do you wanna go to?"
"City university of New York - Lehman college. I know it's a while away but it's an amazing college. I just need help with tuition..."
"How much?" Jaime asked.
"$80,000" I said, "I have 65,500 saved up."
"Alright um I can help you out how much do you need?"
"14,500."
"Okay I'm sure we can figure something out. I have another bank account for you that I had ever since you were a baby we can go see how much is in there."

We drove to the bank and there happened to be 18,000 in the account so we took out the money I needed and I went and applied for the college.