Chapter 8

Jace's pov

"JACE IM LEAVING! WE'LL BE BACK AROUND 8!" Izzy screams from downstairs.

This is perfect. I though to myself. Since clary was taken by that monster I've been looking for a distraction from looking for her.

I practically run down the stairs and out the door to the bar right around the corner. I used to hate drinking but now it's the only way I can relax. The bartenders see me so often I don't have to tell them what I want anymore. The just hand me the bottle.

I drink until I can't think straight, but today I took it too far. I drank until I couldn't remember clary at all. So when the pretty little blond vampire runs up to me and at starts flirting. What can I say, I was too drunk to know and better and started flirting back. By the end of the night we were kissing in the back booth. And that's all I remember from that night.

Clary's pov

We landed at Alec's door instead of Jace's. Oops. I laugh to myself and start walking towards jace's room. I check my watch.

7:45

Hmm I didn't realize that it was so late here. "Clary," Sebastian stops me before we get to jace's room. "Whatever you see, I'll be right here for you when you get back okay." He shoots me a fake smile and I close the space between jace's door and myself.

Before I get there I can hear noises coming from his room. What would be causing noises like those. Then it hit me. Sebastian was right.

I open the door a small bit and look in. Jace is on top of a little blond girl kissing her jawline. I gasp.

How could he?!

I don't bother closing the door. I turn and run back to Sebastian. Who was being held against Alec's door by izzy. Izzy was holding a blade to his throat. He looked unaffected until he turned and saw me.

Izzy turned her head too. When she did Sebastian pushed her just hard enough to get her off him. Then took a step toward me.

"You were right," I let the first of many tears run down my cheeks. "Right about what?" Izzy asks. "Right about Jace," I say pointing at his room. "Go see for yourself."

We all start walking back to jace's room. Sebastian wrapped his arms around me as we walk. We finally get to Jace's door and I still hear the noises.

Izzy pushes open the door then gasps "JACE HERONDALE YOU NO GOOD CHEAT!" She screams at him. His eyes widen at clary.

"C-clary," he squeals.