Chapter Nineteen

Katie cleaned furiously as Harry stirred the food on the stove. Terrance looked at her with a smirk.

"You could ask them if they'd come later so you aren't rushing." Terrance said in a teasing tone and Katie turned to glare at him.

"Keep talking and I'll take you out with the rest of the garbage, you dickwad." She snapped and re-wiped down the table. Harry chuckled softly and grabbed her wrists, making her stop.

"Katie. Stop and take a breath. I want you to go get yourself and Adaley ready. I plan on kicking Terrance out too. When you guys are done I promise that everything will be done. Now go." He ordered gently and when Katie tried to argue he shut the door in her face. Terrance laughed as he heard her storm away but soon his laughter died off when he saw Harry looking at him and tapping his foot.

"May I say how handsome you look today?" Terrance tried and Harry shook his head, pointing at the door. Terrance grumbled as he shuffled out the door. When Harry was sure that everyone was getting ready he took a deep breath and put on Halsey. As he made the food he cleaned to apartment until it shined. When Terrance and Katie walked out their jaws dropped. The table was already set and the food was staying warm in the oven. He quickly ran to the bathroom to straighten himself up and clean the flour off his face. As he finished he heard the doorbell go off and he slowly walked out. When he got out he saw all the boys looking at Terrance hesitantly and he laughed.

"Lads. This is Terrance. He's Katie's older brother. Terrance this is Niall, Liam, and Louis." He introduced and faked a frown, looking behind Louis to see that Briana hadn't come. Katie caught his look and stepped on his foot, making him flinch. Terrance rolled his eyes at them before he shook the boys' hands.

"Nice to meet you guys. Welcome to our humble abode." He said and moved to the side, ushering everyone in. Their jaws dropped when the saw the inside of the apartment causing Terrance to chuckle. Harry rolled his eyes and led them to the kitchen. When Katie saw the food was all laid out and the table was set she gave Harry a tight hug and he chuckled. They all sat down at the suddenly large kitchen table. Terrance sat at one end while Harry sat at the other. On his left sat Katie and on his right sat Adaley. Next to her sat Niall and beside him sat Liam. Across from Liam and next to Katie sat Louis. Harry looked around at the table and he couldn't help but feel happy. Almost his entire family was gathered at this table and were talking amongst themselves. Dinner was a pleasant interaction. Everyone commented on how amazing Harry's food was. When everyone was finished they migrated towards the living room. Everyone besides Harry and Louis that is. As Harry started doing the dishes Louis stood next to him with a towel, giving him a slight smile which Harry returned fully. They stood in comfortable silence before Harry decided to speak up.

"So where's Briana?" he asked and he swore he saw Louis flinch out of the corner of his eye. Louis sighed as he put the plate he was drying down.

"I asked her if she wanted to come but she refused. She said she didn't want to have dinner with a bunch of children." He mumbled and Harry gave him a sad look.

"Well I'm glad you came. Adaley and Katie obviously love you." Harry said with a chuckle and it made Louis smile.

"Katie's a great girl. You made a wise choice." He said softly, trying to keep his voice from cracking but failed. The sound made Harry's heart break so he decided to change the subject.

"So what does your mum think about the baby?" he asked as he handed Louis the last dish. The question made Louis laugh.

"You know she's been excited for grandchildren. She's less excited about who it's with but she said that no matter what she'd support us." He said and leaned against the counter with a sad smile, eyes brimming with tears like they always did when he talked about his mother. Harry instantly felt bad and he laid a hand on Louis' shoulder.