We sat in a pedalo

Your eyes fluttered open, allowing them to focus on your surroundings. You weren't in your usual setting of the library, surrounded by books full of wonders, but you were resting comfortably in a pedalo, drifting through the seas of molten plastic. Your eyes shot open as you were being pulled out further into sea and you scrambled to your feet, panicking until a familiar voice managed to soothe you. 

"I see you're awake, amiga," cooed Zacharie, expertly steering the pedalo. He briefly stopped to look over his shoulder and check on you, lifting his mask just a little to show his lips, offering a gentle smile. 

You calmed down a bit to settle back down in the nest of blankets, enough to catch your breath and actually look over the situation. "Zacharie," 

"Yes?" he replied.

"Why the fuck am I in a fucking pedalo," 

"Ah, so, you were speaking about how you were seul(lonely) up there in that library," he let go of the steering and left the boat to drift out in the middle of the sea, turning to you and pulling you closer to him. "So I thought that maybe since you're more of a vagabond than anything else, I could take you on my journey with me!" 

You were processing everything he said with wide eyes and a tilted head.

His tone dropped into a more asking voice, taking your chin in his left hand and lifting your face up. "But- only if that's alright with you, (Y/N). I can take you home if you-" 

You interrupted him by throwing yourself onto him in a hug, nearly sending the both of you overboard with your actions. Zacharie chuckled and hugged you close, stroking your (H/L) (H/C) hair. You could barely see the side of his face from your head's perch on his shoulder, but nothing more. In the years you have known him, you had never seen his face. 

"I take it that you'll accept, amiga?" he whispered. A shudder ran down your back from hearing his voice so close to you. 

"Idiot," you laughed. "No, I only hugged you because I like hugging people," you spat sarcastically. Zacharie looked down and sighed, looking a little disappointed. "...I was being sarcastic," 

His face brightened up and he brought your face close, leaving a peck on your cheek. "You had me worried there, mon chou," 

Every feeling you had never felt before, you were sure you were feeling, because they all bubbled up into one mass and exploded in a red confusion all over your face. Zacharie noticed your blush spreading like wildfire and kissed your cheeks again, probably just for amusement. 

"Stop it!" you glared at him and pouted, burying your face in your hands. 

"Is something the matter?" he mused. 

You started grumbling words that even you couldn't make out, as Zacharie turned to pilot the steering wheel again. The motors began running and you were drifting through the sea once again, headed in the direction of his amusement park. You had never gotten to go there, since your travels and discoveries you were so keen on came first. After all this time, you were beginning to regret that.