Zacharie

He stared nervously at the doorway, standing with his backpack secured and his frog mask fastened. Anticipating his customer was tiresome, especially since he was forced to wear the same expression throughout their business encounters, and now--- Now he had something else to be worried about as well.

But why would he worry? (Y/N) would be safe in her library, she always has been. Zacharie had left her to her own devices 5 years ago and she managed to find a place for herself, managed to keep herself alive without him, managed to enjoy her life without him too.

She had been 13 at the time. Everything looked so inviting to her, the bright colors and the eerie music, though depressing couldn't even begin to describe how the atmosphere loomed upon them all and forced them into their imaginary smiles.

She gave him the thoughtful gift of a smile, and laughed at his voice when he spoke. She'd always go and talk to him just so she could hear his accent, and had even started to learn his other languages to keep up with his lengthy speech. She knew everything he liked to say, she kept looking for him wherever she went just so she could see whether he'd be in his cat mask or his frog mask.

Yes, she absolutely charmed him with her mimicking his accent, with her incessant bothering, with all those times she'd respond to the things he said with something silly just because "You can't even hear me!" she'd shout and he'd smile wider under his mask.

He couldn't keep her close enough. And when he had her as close as he could possibly get her, the game restarted. The game restarted, and just as startled as he was when he spawned back in his first encounter area, he was afraid she might've been gone for good. He was afraid that she may have left him with no way of ever coming back, that she may not know him. He couldn't imagine how painful that must have been for her to endure, a whole reset.

And she had to endure it again.

And again.

And again.

Until finally the resets just stopped and he could catch his breath, but he just couldn't find her wherever he searched. Not until the day a hastily scribbled letter in a white envelope on plain, white paper found its way into his bag of wares. After he read it, he sold it for 100000 credits. Nobody had ever bought it though.

Truly, 5 years is a long time to be so hammeringly in love with somebody with no way of expressing it, with sending them away because you were afraid that a monster would snatch her away from his grasp, where he liked her.

How carelessly he thought of a solution for his rampant jealousy.

For up on the third floor of the library of spectres, a man clad in baseball attire had found his little glitch fending off a Secretary, using every last ounce of energy and various meats she had to keep herself alive, but it wasn't working. So, the only logical thing for this man to do was to help her. That day, the day Zacharie's customer failed to make his visit to his small little shop in the next Zone, the Batter had gained a new member to his party of three. And her name was (Y/N), a certain glitch he's been observing for a while now. A glitch who has amazed him in every way, who struck his conscious as immoral and sinful. In every way she was an abomination-- but in every way did that make her so much more interesting.

Zacharie sighed and kept his breaking smile plastered. He felt something wrong.

Yes, the day Zacharie pulled you from the computer screen and cut your strings as the Puppeteer was a day he didn't like to remember.

But that was 5 years ago, and they had soon discovered your body laying in front of the laptop, eyes vacant and blank, your body limp and heavy. The colorful game played on happily in the background.

Zacharie twitched and abandoned his wares, racing towards the nearest save block to go back and get the glitch that he stole from outside the game.

((A/N: Sorry for not posting, had a huge writers block. It lasted a year and it's gone now. Don't believe me? Check the timeband between Chapter 9 and 10 of my MettaEX fanfic.

None of you probably care, but if I don't feel like writing anything, I usually just start writing whatever I want and then slowly a story starts to fall in place, and I get different ideas. So that's how it works with me. And for some reason, during the whole time I was having a block, the things I wrote were extremely cringy. Looking back on my old fanfics on another account, it was the funniest but most sad things i've ever read. Hats off to you, Author.

I'll stop talking now. I want to write a whole chapter for an update but when i read things, I hate it when there's an update in the middle. That's why all of mine are at the end, and they also amp up my word count. Interesting.