Chapter 5

Shiiha

I woke up to very loud and obnoxious banging on the door. Instead of answering it though, I curled deeper into the sheets.

The banging faded and I feel deeper into my sleep.

~~~

I woke up again light streaming I'm from an open window brightening the room. The bed was the most comfortable thing I'd ever been in before, and I felt like I'd gotten the most sleep in my whole life.

I sat up groggily my hair frizzy and bedraggled fell into my face. I started to walk into the bathroom when I noticed the door into my room was open. I then turned towards it and noticed a dark figure leaning against the wall.

I squeaked and hid behind a sofa. Well more like clumsily sprawled behind it. I literally squeaked. I felt a blush in my ears and the figure chuckled a little.

"That's cute, you know. The servant came and informed me when you didn't wake up this morning. You've been out for hours. I would've thought you were dead if you hadn't been breathing." The figure walked over to the sofa to witness me in all my shame. I didn't even know why I was blushing. Just yesterday I had been dirty and disgusting in front of the Darkling. But somehow, when putting myself in a similar situation it seemed worse.

"Need some help?" He held out a hand. He was darker skinned his face in a smirk. He was very fit and handsome, the smirk on his face showing knowledge of this trait of this. Ion seemed to make me be more attracted to him and hate him at the same time.

Ooooh man candy. The Darkling sure knows how to pick them.

I don't know, the smirk on his face makes me want to skin him.

Isn't the Darkling man candy himself?

*yawn* oh you all are already up? What'd....... Damn.

I took his hand standing up from my shameful display, trying to hide the blush creeping it's way to my face to reveal my nerves of being in his stature.

It all went to waste when he bent down and brushed his lips against my hand in a swift gesture.

"My name is Abram." He said standing up the smirk still there.

His eyes are a dark color -- almost black -- with a glint of mischief in them. He is wearing a jacket similar to the one Rat was wearing, except his is black with cream lining. It matched his dark skin tone, highlighting his grin and his gold flecked brown eyes.

Honestly can't decide if I hate him or if I want him to screw me sideways with a chainsaw.

..... What's a chainsaw?

"If you'll get dressed quickly, he's waiting for you." Abram pointed to a pile next to the fancy bed then headed towards the door.

' he's '? Does he mean the Darkling, again? I remembered his quartz eyes, a heavy weight in them as he starred at me. It occurred to me then that the voices had been right, he did seem extremely young for someone who had supposedly lived for hundreds of years. His beauty seemed to hold a uncanny feature now.

I stripped from my nightgown and pulled on a light blouse and dark pants. I pulled on a pair of boots, the material made me stunned for a moment - what took to make these shoes?

But I was distracted by the article of clothing that I had originally ignored for the seemingly normal yet somehow formal clothes. I picked up a black jacket with gold threaded designs on it, beautifully crafted. It looked fairly similar to the one Rat wore, but newer, more intricate.