The Opposite

Assalamu'alaikum. What do you think for the Chapter 1? Comment if you want.:) Is it okay? I am really into it. I hope you like it.
-giraffhy

CHAPTER 2

Ella's POV

The heck! Yeah. I am a bad muslim. I know she is my mother and I know she sacrificed a lot for me. I love her but it change when my dad died. She is useless! She was there when my dad died! But she didn't do something.

The last words that she said to my dad keeps repeating in my mind.

Die now. Die now. Die now.

It kills me because my mother of all people wanted my dad to die. I didn't ask her why because I hated her the moment she said that. I hate her!

My dad was my everything. He always listens to my stories about school. He even said that he is so proud of me because I was on the top. I miss his I love you's. I miss his voice. I miss his hugs and his surprises.

I was not aware that my tears are flowing extravagantly. I was crying the whole time walking until I got into our secret place. Nadia was there that's why I wiped my tears as fast as I can. I don't want her to know. She doesn't know.

"Hey little junior!" she started.

She's always calling me that. Mainly because she is my senior. Remember when I said to you that she is perfect? Yes she is. One, because she will graduate as the valedictorian for sure. Two, because she is a religious one. And last, she has a perfect family that she can lean on and very supportive.

"Hey what's wrong?" she said again after a second that I didn't speak.

"Nothing." said to her lying.

"No, it is not just nothing. Are you going to lie to the VALE this year?"

I somehow laughed because of that.

"What a confidence ha!" I said.

"I was just kidding around. But that will be true. Soon." she said and smiles.

"Let's see." I said to continue the convo.

"You really okay?" she said again.

"I'm just tired. That's all." I replied.

"Okay. If that is the case. Can you help me? With this project of mine?"

"You can do it." I said.

"I have lots to do so please don't bother me." continuing to tease her.

"What a genius you are! She said. Doesn't even care about someone who needs help."

"You can do it VALE!" I said to make her feel that she can really do it.

I almost forgot where we are. Forgot to say to you. Ok. This place is somehow creepy. Yes it is. Simply because it is an abandoned library. It has a sagging porch outside and broken window glasses. As I was saying... outside. But inside we manage to clean it for our necessity of a place. A place where there are no people who will see you do things that is out of their imaginations.

I got up and started walking again.

"I'm leaving." I said to Nadia. Or Elder Nadia should I say.XD

"Are you serious? You're going now?" she said.

"Yes." I said.

"Don't bother yourself too much about problems. That's life! Life is a test! .... bla bla bla...... ..... ......"

I didn't let her finish her lecture because I don't want to hear it. I walked out leaving her hanging.

"Sorry." I whispered

Now. It's chemistry time. My favorite. I am not listening to the other subjects because I can manage them. They're easy. Just kidding. It is just that I know how to handle them. But chemistry? I really need to focus.

I was early. I am the first one in our room. I hate being early. But it's already 10. Our class starts at 9:45 am. And yes. Maam Claire is our first teacher in the morning teaching VALUES. Manners and all. Boring right?

I got up. Ready to escape this class when I saw Nathan coming. His face again?

Coming to me. Walking towards me. Saying.... sorry.

Like seriously? He? Nathan? Saying sorry to me?

"Sorry for what? It's useless." I ask with confuse.

"Say sorry to your mom." He said.

"Why should I? Don't mind other business Nathan. You don't know the story."

With that. I walked out. Walk out girl. Yes. To avoid. That's it.

Nathan's POV

I feel sorry for her. She is sick! Why does she doesn't love her mom? When all I do is to wish I have a mom? Life is unfair.

I was talking to her mom because I just saw her outside our campus.
I pity her. She has a lunch box at her hand and waiting for someone.
Waiting for Ella. I hope I had one.
I hope I had a mom. And now, I am seeing Ella treating her mom like that. Why is she treating her mom like that?

Btw, I just want to introduce myself. I am Nathan. Nathan Brook from LA. Ella's from LA, too. I know her more than she know herself. Yeah. Her family. Her mom and dad. Her grandparents. All of them. I know them. I know their secrets. But my life is better not shouting out their secrets. Just better.

If she is on the top, I am the opposite. I was always last. I am the all-zero. I don't know either why I always passed. I forgot. I'm just lucky. That's all. Lucky to have a Chairman as your dad. Yes. This school is ours. But they don't know that I am the second son of Mr. Nathaniel Brook. I am not fun of writing my last name on test papers or what. The only people that knows who I am are the teachers. That's all.
I love being Nathan without a surname. They used to call me that.
This school was named after my father. St. Nathaniel University. Nathan for my name and Niel for my brother's name. I had a sibling. You will know him later. Haha. Funny right? Yes. He is famous. He is known to be the only son of Mr. Nathaniel Brook. He is my senior here. He is smart not like me. He will be the salutatorian, I guess. Because for sure Nadia will be the Valedictorian.

Enough of this. I need to go home.
I am just walking. Not fun of riding a car, with my brother at the other side of the seat. Just another insecurity.

It was 4 pm in the afternoon. We don't have classes because my father called a meeting. Thanks to him! XD

"Hey bro!" Niel said tapping my shoulder.

What's wrong with this guy?

"I want to walk with you." He continued

"No you can't." I said.

"My life is at peace so please don't ruin that PEACE. Trying to make my pitch high. You're famous! And I hate fame bro!"

"Hey! Don't be childish again.
They will not know. I'll just say that you're my friend or something." He reasoned out.

"What if they will follow us? We have the same house bro! Just want to remind you."

"It's okay. Go home first. I just want to walk with you." He said.

"Whatever!" I wailed.