My Other Half

CHAPTER 9

Ella's POV

I was kinda busy being the Rushella Devian that I used to. I almost forgot that I need to be a better Rushella-- and that is being a muslimah in heart.  I visited mom at the bakeshop for some reason. She said about someone that I really need to meet but she said that time will come. I was really confused about that but it doesn't matter for now because I am really busy. I am coping up with my studies. The other thing that Rushella Devian does--studying.

@ school

Nathan: "Hi Rushella Devian. How's your day? Btw, I have something for you."

He gave me a square box wrapped in a pink rose paper.
"Someone wants to give it to you but he doesn't have the courage" he continued

I just laid my eyes on the square box that he gave me. As if I was glued.

What is wrong with him. He took some medicine, right? That is why he is kinda weird, right?

"What is this?" I just said

"Maybe your future lies on it. Open it if you're ready to face the future. YOUR FUTURE." he said stressing every word he is saying.

If Nathan was not a jerk, I will fall for him. He is kind as I can see. He has the look that every woman dreams. That body that no one can resist. And that kissable lips that can glue everyone's lips. His perfect height and perfect outfit everyday. And the most lovable part of him is his green eyes as if you are looking into a jade. He is perfect as I can say! But there is something that is telling me I cant like him and I don't want to.

I accepted his gift but I didn't open it. As he said, I should open it if I'm ready. As of now, I am not.

Ready for my future? What is that all about and why is he connected with MY FUTURE? It will be summer for the next month and I guess I will not be seeing him so why is he acting so weird all of a sudden?

"Btw, I am into you but I am not into you" Nathan said while smirking.

"Was that a joke? Or something?" I said while he, leaving me hanging.

"Weird!" I just mumbled.

The classes goes on and on and I am really tired. Tired of being a student but I love to study. Studying is my bae! XD I can read a book whole day. My mom will get angry because of that. She never wants me to read books the whole day but she cant stop me because I really do like it. It is my leisure time!

I was walking and I saw Nathan with a guy. I knew him and I knew that he is one of those famous stunning-in- look guys in our school. I saw Niel Brook with Nathan.

How quite amazing their names are. Nathan+Niel=Nathaniel(St.Nathaniel University) I just thought about it.

I guess it is just a coincidence. They cant be brothers like hell yeah!

And I saw Shaina, too. He is with a guy. I guess it is her boy best friend who is always with her in times of pain and sadness. How lucky she is because she is guided.:)

And here I am… alone. With this pains and agony in my back that kept on holding on like a disease.

I was back with my sense when I saw Nathan collapsed! Yeah! He collapsed! And I was so shock!

I hurriedly went on their way when I suddenly felt unease with my heart. It is like a crumpled paper being crumpled in a moment and it kills me. I was seeing Nathan brought by the ambulance while I was feeling that wrecking heart ache in me. It was really painful that any moment I will collapsed too…………………………….

I woke up seeing only white ceilings and white walls.

"Where am I?" I mumbled.

"You're in the hospital" mom said.

"You were sleeping for almost 4 hrs Rush. Alhamdulillah (Praise and thanks are Allahs) you are ok now. I was really worried" she said with teary eyes.

"How about Nathan?" I don't know why but I said it

I was really worried. Not just worried but really worried.

"Nathan? What about Nathan?" My mom said

I guess she doesn't know.

"He is here too?" she said worriedly.

Was I just dreaming? Please wake me up. This place is not my ambiance. This place is where my father was brought and they didn't save him. This place is useless! This place is a prison!

"Mom let's go home. Please" i said

"Please" ………

I closed my eyes for a second and when I saw mom, she is thinking over something.

What is it?