Part 17

"Jessie time to get up"

"Mmm go away" I mumbled throwing the sheets over top of me.

"Jess get up, you haven't been out of this house for almost a week."

"Fuck off"

The covers were ripped off of me and I sat up to see Marissa, Westley, and Nick standing before me and all of them looked extremely serious.

"I feel like I am in an intervention" I joked adding a laugh but none of them reacted.

"Well I guess you could call it that" Nick replied sternly.

"You're serious?"

"Well Jessie you need to do something with your life. I know this has been hard but you have to get up and go back to work" Westley answered.

"You don't think I know that? I'm just scared out of my mind. I know I have to move on, I just don't know how to" I felt a cold tear fall down my face but none of them looked concerned.

"I know you are and I know it's difficult but Jessie you need to" Marissa chimed in.

"How's um Demi doing?"

They all looked at each other before Marissa spoke.

"She's doing well actually. She's moving on quite well, she's writing songs and singing again." Marissa said proudly.

"Oh." I spoke.

"Marissa you didn't need to say like that." Westley said.

She didn't react. I don't blame her I mean I'm mad at me too for what I did.

"Anyways, Jessie come on get up shower call into work and tell them you'll be back today. I'll drive you to work for a while until you get things sorted out"

"Ok fine, intervention or whatever that was is over now so leave." I got up and walked over to the bathroom and closed the door behind me.

~

"Ok here you are, see you after. Have a good day" Westley said before leaning over and giving me a hug.

"Yeah you too" I answered opening the door to step out, but I was stopped by Westley's grasp.

"It will get better Jessie I promise you"

I smiled slightly because I don't have a response to that, the only way I could see it getting better is Demi taking me back and I know that's not happening.

I closed the door behind me and made my way to my Staff Sergeants' office.

"Well welcome back Officer Rose, how are you doing?"

"Good, I'm good thanks. How are you?"

"I'm well. It's good to have you back, are you ready to work?"

"Yes sir" I answered confidently.

"Good well suit up, you're riding with Officer Peck. Now get a move on."

I nodded and walked out.

I'm not ready at all. But I have no other choice. I'm going to have to get used to this lifestyle from now on.

A Year Later

Demi POV

It's been a year since Jessie and I broke up. It's been really hard and sometimes I miss her, but maybe it was for the best. The last time we spoke was when I kicked her out of the house. I wonder how she is now and then but I guess that's normal. I'm not seeing anyone currently because I've decided to focus strictly on my music and my new album that's hopefully going to be released soon. I have taken a month off because I am helping Marissa plan her wedding and I am the Maid of Honor. The wedding is in a few days and it is being held on a beach, so far it sounds like it'll be amazing.