3

Ross's POV

I didn't get a wink of sleep last night, I just stayed up looking directly at my white ceiling just thinking of my precious Laura. It just absolutely broke my heart when she didn't join us for dinner. I got up and left without eating as well. I really do hope she slept well because I heard light sobs coming from a room, and I was really hoping it was Rydel or something. I just really don't want Laura in pain. She's my world.

"Ross get- oh your already up?" Rydel asks while walking in my room.

Rydel is my older and only sister, she's absolutely beautiful. She has blonde long wavy hair with bright hazel eyes. She's dating my best friend Ellington which I approve gracefully. They're amazing together.

"Uh, yeah. I didn't exactly get any sleep last night." I say sighing and rubbing my eyes.

"Is it because of Laura?" She asks walking over to me and sitting down on my bed.

"Yeah." I quietly say while looking down a bit.

"She'll come around, I promise." She softly whispers before getting up and walking out of the room.

"Wait!" I yell as she turns her head looking at me in confusion.

"Were you crying last night?" I ask with hope in my eyes that it was her.

Wow, I sound like a jackass.

"Uh, no." She says looking at me weirdly before exiting the room.

So it was Laura!

"Breakfast will be ready in a few!" She yells in the hallway as I quickly get up.

Not because of breakfast, but because I need to check up on Laura. I slip on my robe and slippers before running out of my room and going up to hers. I calm myself down before quietly opening the door. I peek in to see her curled up in a ball sleeping cutely. My oldest brother Riker comes up behind me looking at Laura as well.

"Why are you staring at her? You seem like a creep, you know." He whispers taking a sip of his coffee.

I look over at him rolling my eyes at his comment.

"I just came to see if she was okay or not." I say softly.

I say looking back at Laura. I hear a light moan escape from her mouth as her arm slightly moves before her eyes flutter open. Her eyes come into contact with mine as her gorgeous brown eyes go wide. Her breathing picks up as she immediately stands. So she is scared of me? That hurts, a lot.

Laura's POV

I was sleeping peacefully until I felt something staring a hole through my back. When I open my eyes I saw him peeking his head through the door looking at me. Why is he staring at me? My breathing picks up as I immediately stand not wanting him to do anything to me.

"Wow, I'm not going to do anything. I just came to check up on you." He says calmly while entering the room completely. He stands in a pair of grey sweats shirtless with a black rope on. His toned abs make me go wet quickly as I bite the inside of my cheek. I swallow hardly before forcing my eyes to meet with his.

"You were crying, weren't you?" He asks with pain drawing in his voice.

"I don't cry." I spit while wiping away my dry tear marks that lye upon my cheek.

I actually do, but not often. I refuse to let him see me weak.

"Why the hell were you staring at me in the first place?" I ask rudely while crossing my arms.