[5] Secrets

The keys didn't work.

They were still locked inside the classroom.

"Goshdammit."

"It won't open. None of these fucking keys would work."

Rina heard Katy's swearing as she walked towards the door. She slipped out a hairpin that was clipped in her hair as she opened the door.

They all watched silently as she returned her hairpin to her hair back in place.

"Seriously, Rina, where do you learn all these cool stuff?" Katy asked as she grumpily went down the stairs.

The others followed as they went to the very bottom, a secret lair.

The room was in an "L" shape and 2 rooms were shown.

All rooms were old as centuries, though they didn't care.

They went to the 2nd room, which is the bedroom, and spent the night in the cozy bed, forgeting to lock the door.

The next day,

-Stormae's POV

That was a very nice sleep I had. Though this lair was old for long centuries, it's duracy was very high, so it's welcome for anyone to use.

I was awoken by Tiffany, who is shaking the stars out of me.

"Stormae! Stormae! GET UP!"

"Wha- Huh?"

"Katy's gone! I've been looking EVERYWHERE for her."

"What time is it?"

Tiffany finally stopped shaking me and took out her phone.

"It's 4:00 am."

"DAMN, NOW WE CANNOT GO OUTSIDE UNTIL 6:00 AM WHYYY."

I lost it, I glared at her and stood up, looking at the window.

Without even thinking, I went outside the room, climbing up to the classroom and went outside, running in the hallways. I searched every room. I didn't care about the dead corpses lying around. I just needed to find her. After no luck of searching the rooms, I started searching thw closets, thinking she had hid there. Though, I had no hope in finding her. She wasn't in the campus. I figured she might be outside.

I kept running and running, I'm running out of breathe. I was panting heavily and I could hear my heart beating loudly in my chest. My feet swelled, telling me to stop and take a break. Though, I didn't listen. I kept running and searched the gardens. More corpses lied around there.

For 3 hours of running, I still haven't found her. I felt my body going to collapse if I kept running. But I couldn't rest despite of Katy missing. I will never give up.

I ran to the dorm, there, I saw Katy, carrying huge boxes full of supplies.

When she saw me, she gasped. I was drenched in sweat, barely even feel my feet.

"Katy.." I huffed.

"Stormae, what are you doing in here?! Why on earth are you drenched in sweat?!"

"Look, I was looking for y- ACK!"

"H-hey, Stormae, are you alright?"

I coughed, and barely even breathe. I coughed more and spattered, I fell through my knees, I couldn't handle the pain. After lots of striving to get my consciousness fine, my brain shutted down, leading me to lie there, on the floor.

-Katy's POV-

What just happened. I just simply wandered to the dorm to get supplies. I was guarding the room, though, when I got out, I forgot to lock it.

I carried Stormae to our dorm then laid her on her bed. I could barely hear her heart beating.

I decided to go back to the campus and tell them that it is safe to go out now.

What was it that harmed Stormae?

I ran to the classroom, down to the ladder to the secret lair. Noticing that everyone is awake.

"Katy! There you are!" Tiffany beamed and hugged me. "Wait a second, where's Stormae?"

"She passed out, I have no idea what was the reason of this ordeal, but in my theory, I suggest it's one of them."

"Mercuria?"

"Possibly."

I walked towards the bedrooms and forgot about Ethan, who was already awake and is pretty much frustrated and traumatized.

"You're.. Ethan.. right?" I lied, making him think that I never knew him."

"Yes, Ethan Collins."

"Katy, Ethan pretty much injured his arm, so do you got some kind of a rectangular or triangular cloth I could us?"

"Yeah, sure."

I tossed the cloth to Tiffany, who started wrapping his arm, making it a little better.

"There, it should heal in a couple of days."

Rina walked towards me, with a little bit of a frustrated look. I asked her if she's alright.

"Where's Stormae? She was looking for you."

"Oh, she's in our dorm. She's pretty much fine since it's 7:00 am."