Chapter 2

Star woke up the next morning, yawning as she tried to get up. She realized her arm was stuck and looked down. As she looked down, she blushed a dark red. After Marco had come to comfort her the night before, they both had fallen asleep together unintentionally. She slowly got up, not wanting to wake him, and went downstairs for breakfast. It was Saturday, which meant no school and hanging out with her best friend all day! As she finished making her toast, she heard footsteps coming down the stairs and smiled, knowing it was Marco.
"Good morning, Star." Marco said, rubbing his eyes with the back of his hand.
"Good morning, Marco." She said, trying not to bring up the night before's  incident. Star smiled at her brunette friend. He's so nice and handsome. She thought but slowly analyzed what she had just said to herself. Wait what!? Why did I just think that!? We're just friends! And besides...he likes Jackie. "Here." She handed him a small plate with a piece of toast she had made on it. "I made this for you so when you got up, you didn't have to make yourself anything." Marco smiled and took the piece of toast from her.
"Thanks." He said and stared at her for a moment, getting lost in her bright ocean blue eyes. She is so adora-wait? What am I talking about? We're just friends and she'd never date me. Marco thought. She likes bad boys. And I like Jackie....right?
"Uh, Marco? You okay?" Star waved a hand in his face, hoping to get his attention. Marco quickly got out of his trance and blushed.
"Oh...uh...sorry. You were saying?" Star smiled and rolled her eyes.
"I was going to say I-" just at that moment, the door bell rang, cutting her off. "I'll tell you in a minute." She said and ran to get the door.
As Star opened the door, her happy-go-lucky smile turned into an annoyed frown as she realized who it was.
"Ugh, Tom! What are you doing here? And how do you know where I live? Look, if you stalk me or anything, you don't wanna know what I'll do." She warned, and squinted her eyes.
"Oh, come on, Starship!" He said, smiling as he grabbed her hand. "You know you want me back!"
Star cringed and pulled her hand away.
"Look, Tom, I just don't like you anymore. Honestly, I don't really like you as an acquaintance. Just leave me alone." She turned to walk away but he  grabbed her hand and pulled her towards him again.
Tom frowned. His eyes turned red and he grew fang-like teeth.
"Star Butterfly, you don't know what you're doing. I always get my way. You will regret ever breaking up with me. Heck, you'll regret ever meeting me in the first place. There will be one day where everything you love dies!" When he finished, he quickly pushed Star to the ground and ran away. Star fell to the ground with an oomph, but quickly got up after. She wasn't hurt. Just scared. But for the sake of everyone, she just sighed, rolled her eyes, and slammed the door.
"Who was that?" Marco asked as Star made her way back into the kitchen. She swallowed hard, not wanting to let him know and just said "No one. Now l-lets go watch tv." She dragged him out into the living room and turned on the tv, sitting down next to him. Marco knew something was wrong. Star very rarely acted like this.
When the show they were watching was over, Marco was determined to find out why his best friend looked so upset. He slowly turned to her and frowned, putting an arm around her. They both blushed but the young brunette shrugged it off.
"Hey, Star? Will you please tell me who was at the door?" Star frowned. But she leaned in towards him, on the verge of tears and whispered gently to him.
"It was Tom."

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated! I just got back to school and it's my last year in Middle school so....yeah. Kinda excited (not) but I'll try to update almost everyday. (I have study hall every 2 days and another study hall later in the day, everyday.) but trust me, I won't leave you guys! I promise. I already have chapter 3 ready. It's VERY short btw. But yeah, see you soon!