Chapter 33 - I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus

Over the past couple of weeks, Ryder and I had somehow gotten closer. Ever since Sectionals, we’ve been spending a lot more time together- if that’s even possible.

We’ve been spending every possible minute with each other, talking about random things or kissing and cuddling each other (mainly kissing and cuddling).

It was Christmas soon and the snow was coming down heavily- not heavy enough for us to not go to school, but it was hard walking anywhere without getting covered with snow.

And it was freezing lately- the heating in our house doesn’t work, so it’s hard getting out of bed in the morning.

It wasn’t that long until the winter break started, which I was thankful for... and it was getting closer to Christmas time. Ryder and I hung out last year at Christmas, making it the best Christmas ever, and I am hoping that this one will be better.

When I got to school that morning, there was a little paper Christmas tree taped to my locker with my name written on it. I laughed to myself and pulled it off, reading the back.

Marley,
Merry early Christmas.
I was going to give you your gift on Christmas day, but I decided to give it to you today!
From Ryder xx

I smiled to myself and opened my locker, putting up the mini Christmas on the door and pulling out certain things that I’d need.

“Boo!” Ryder shouted, jumping next to me. I screeched quietly and stumbled to the right. I balanced myself by holding onto the locker. “Jeez, Ryder,” I laughed, putting my hand over my heart. “Sorry...” He chuckled, leaning over and kissing my cheek lightly. I chuckled and shook my head, looking at the ground.

“I have your present, too,” I whispered, looking up at him. “It’s not much,”

“Let me give you yours first.” He said, pulling his bag off of his back and going through it. “I did put it in here... just give me a minute.” I smiled and shut my locker, leaning against it and staring as Ryder dug through his bag, biting his lip as he tried to find whatever he was looking for.

“There we go.” He pulled out a small pink box with a pink ribbon wrapped around it. “Open.” He said, nudging the box into my hands. I nodded and untied the ribbon. “Ryder, I-“ I said, looking down at the gold bracelet that lay in the box. “I-I-I can’t take this.” I said, pushing it back to him. “You can.” He kissed my head lightly and smirked.

“Put on your 8-carat-gold bracelet,” He whispered. “Now I seriously can’t take that.” I said, shaking my head. “Come on, Marls. It’s rude to return gifts.” Ryder smiled, leaning against the lockers. “I can’t, Ryder.” I whispered. “Where’d you get the money for this, anyway?” I asked. “I took some from Jake, some from Mom, some from Dad and some from Adrian and then I took some from Melissa and then from Jake again and I was half way there! And then I paid for the rest.” He shrugged, taking the bracelet out of the box and putting it on my wrist. “Good to know you paid for this yourself.” I laughed, kissing him. “My gift doesn’t match up to this at all.”

“Doesn’t matter, babe. I didn’t even want a gift.” He said. I smirked and pulled my bag off of my bag and pulled a small box out of my bag. I had spent the past couple of weeks printing pictures of us off at school and sticking them onto an empty shoebox (like Annie did for Lillian in Bridesmaids). “Aw, this is cute,” He smiled, staring at the pictures and mentioning certain things that happened when we took those pictures.

“Open it.” I smiled, playing with my hands in excitement, looking down at my bracelet and smiling at it. Ryder opened the box and smiled. “Ferro Rochers. I love you.” He laughed, leaning forward and kissing me again. “Do you only love me because I bought you chocolate?”