7: PROMISE

©S A F I E

Chapter 7

ELLE

Rrrrrrriiiiingggggggggggg

Gabriel bolted upright knocking me over to the side as he rolled on the edge of the bed, ending up face-first on the floor.

"Ugh, why'd you do that, Elle?" 

"Do what exactly, Mr. West?"

He notices me looking down at his excited friend which made him snort. "You know what? Never mind. I'm going back to bed." He snatched the comforter off the floor and take a pillow from the bed, carrying them out of the room, leaving me slack-jawed.

"Hey! I wasn't finished talking to you, Gabriel." He turned swiftly at the mention of his name, making me regret that I called him as his nose flared at me, his irritation apparent as he gritted out., "What do you need to say, Elleana?"

"Why did you leave me?"

"I finished the preparation for the restaurant last week. The branch in Italy required for me to stay for a fortnight so-"

"You git, I really can't figure you out. I hate you! hate you I hate you I hate you! I wish--"

"Stop it! Just, stop." He held my arm, pulling the pillow away from me. "I know that I have done you wrong." He bowed his head, "I left because I am scared." He pulled me closer, raising my chin so that I am looking at him, "I have decided that some distance between us is better because I feel vulnerable. I do not know why I feel these emotions, I cannot understand them at all."

"But why draw distance between us if you feel that way? Tell me." I ask, not understanding him.

Gabriel looks down at me and he sighs, "It made me think that if I put some distance between us for maybe a month, I would know if my feelings against you are true. At first, I felt alright but then I started receiving those call. It hurts me so much that I almost booked a plane ticket and let all hell broke loose for the company. Yet I stood my ground. I shrug your calls and put Neola and Ryan in charge. They update me from time to time and Neola mentioned that a few days ago, you had a bug. Are you okay now?" 

Prying my eyes off him, I said. "I'm perfectly fine. You should've at least informed me that you've got these plans." I take the pillow from him and hit him, "You stupid filthy---cow!"

Hit. hit.

"C-cow?" His voice raised as he repeated the word making me fake a laugh with a cough. Oh well, I didn't mean to say cow. It's just that it is the first word that popped on my head and I began to question myself why I said it.

"Yes. You are a cow! You're worthless and stupid."

*

"Are you finished on your business of eye-raping me?" He suddenly asked, snapping me out of my reverie as he leans his head on the side, eating his pancakes. 

"I'm not eye-raping you. It's just that-"

"Lame excuses. Just because I told you that I would do anything you want me to do, doesn't include your eye raping me." He snorted, before wiggling his brows. "Though, I'm pretty sure that we could make some arrangements with that - later at noon at our room, perhaps?" 

"Faster, Gabe" I squealed. 

"Love, I've already rounded the park for about five times now. Would that be enough? I'm so damn tired." He push his ice cream stained lips on me, smirking.

"Gabe!" I screamed in protest but he just smiled. "C'mon, Elle. It's quite late now to hide; Everyone's expecting the billionaire's wife to display affection towards her husband. Come on, don't be shy to court me, love."

"I'm not courting you; you are courting me!"

"Oh, don't be such a grouch. Lick it now or I won't get you the dog." Closing my eyes, I began to inch closer and closer, licking the ice cream off his cheeks yet I didn't expect what transpired next - He pulled me in and kissed me making everyone cheer.

I did not even notice that we have a crowd.

계속