5: HEARTBEAT

©S A F I E

CHAPTER 5

ELLE

I open one of my eyes, the dizziness overwhelming me that I have to slowly rise from the bed and stagger towards the bathroom, the room spinning around me. It was the break of the dawn; too early for me to wake during a weekend.

I rested my hands on the walls as I struggled against it, trying to reach the toilet bowl before I barfed up. Not being able to withstand, I collapse on the floor and have managed to hold the toilet bowl tighter before my face hovers on it, inches away from the water as I empty my insides. I hug it closer to my chest, heaving at it without having anything to let go.

I've been like this for the past week and was getting weaker by the days passing. Gabe never had the chance to notice this because he's been away for Italy for almost a month now. I do not know the exact date of his return. Maybe next week or tomorrow morning? Tonight?

It was pointless to bug him about it because he wanted to surprise me. I rolled my eyes at that, pushing myself away from the bowl and leaning my back against the tub.

What am I going to tell him once he arrives and see me like this- like a zombie that has just resurrected?

I believe that he will be enraged by my appearance once he comes back. I have lost weight because I couldn't keep my food in. I wanted to go and have myself checked in the hospital though I felt lazy, sometimes I refused to leave the room and stay in bed, cuddled up in sheets and reading to myself.

What should I tell Gabriel once he goes back? That I've got the worst stomach flu of the history - a bug or something I've got because of eating too much ice cream? Or wait...

I momentarily stopped, my thoughts and ideas dissolving as I crawl my way back inside our room. I rummaged the bedside table and open the lock on my phone as I see the red sign blinking in my notification - quite confirm the assumptions I am having. I think I know why I am having this sickness for it's not considered as to how it appeared to be.

I should've got my period last month, and I have never been late in my whole life. This is it, what I have always wanted with Gabriel. I believe that my answers are finally answered. I finally have a chance. With desperation in my eyes, I hoist myself up, struggling to keep my balance as I stare at the girl reflected in the window.

"I'm going to take the test."

I smiled at the three pink positive signs staring at me.

I'm pregnant!

I danced around the bathroom and giggled some more. Who knows that I will be a mom after a few months? Have a little Elle or maybe little Gabe running around here while I busied myself looking after her or him, or them? I smiled, a wild look in my face that does not deem well with how thin I've become for the past few weeks.