Interlude: Elijah

AN: Just a little something to say i'm back enjoy!

EPOV

"Yes Alaric we managed to catch the scent of one of the humans….No you can't chop their heads off with a machete…You can't stab them either not even once…Torture them? Hmm…That might be possible…Alright be on the next plane out of there talk to you soon bye"

I hung up the phone, quickly turning to a very anxious Matt "well looks like Alaric wants in on the action" matt smiled, a sadistic gleam in his eyes "good with him on our side it'll be a lot more fun when we torture those bastards" I quirked my brow. Sometimes I worry about him "Matt I can tell by that look in your eye that you want to kill and maim them…slowly" the gleam in the werewolf's eye changed.

Replaced by a look of mock innocence, "what are you talking about Elijah? I would never even consider doing something like that" he fluttered his eyelashes, his eyes slightly widening c'mon is he serious? I've been around for decades the puppy dog look holds no effect over me. Narrowing my eyes I gave him my usual Its-not-working-so-you-might-as-well-just-quit glare our eyes locked until matt cursed under his breath and the puppy dog eyes crumbled.

He frowned, before rubbing his temple with his fingers almost immediately the protective instincts that I tried to ignore, ever since I breathed in his scent for the first time rose in my chest and threatened to consume me. "Are you okay?" trying to mask the concern in my voice Matt sighed "yeah" he grumbled "that stupid ringing noise just gave me headache that's all".

I walked toward him, and without thinking framed his face with my hands trying to get a better look at him, his eyes we're bloodshot the once lively look in them was replaced by exhaustion his skin though slightly pale still looked beautiful. "you look tired" he grinned showing gleaming white teeth "well i guess that's what happens when your paralyzed by a noise that's trying to burst your eardrums like confetti" I chuckled.

He giggled, before studying me his expression unreadable he scanned my face for a moment before taking a step closer, my undead heart fluttered as I fought the need to hold him close to me and never let go. Don't the little voice at the back of my skull screamed it's too dangerous with an almost silent growl I let go of his face, taking a couple steps away from him for a second I thought I saw a small slimmer of disappointment flicker through his eyes but as quick as it came it was gone.

"Matt…I-"

"You really care about Damon don't you?"

I quirked my brow, but nodded where was he going at with this? He gave me a nervous smile "I have to admit I've always been a little jealous about the way you would call him your little raven" jealous? Jealous of what? The look of pure confusion on my face must have alerted him to what I was thinking, "I know, I know it's stupid but I just couldn't help it! It's just the way you would look at him with so much affection…It made me jealous I've always wanted someone to care about me that way".

Oh Matt, someone already does care about you like that hell more than that he played with his fingers, cheeks flushed in embarrassment it was…adorable with a smirk I ignored the nagging voice called a conscious. Grabbed his wrist and pulled him close to me I could his body twitch and jump in my arms before relaxing in my embrace, his arms wrapping around me.

"Matt you idiot…" I sighed, I felt him chuckle against my chest only for it to stop when I kissed the crown of his head, he nuzzled my chest a purr flowing out of him…but the soft creek of a door opening had me tearing my arms from him jumping back as if he was on fire. This time I didn't miss the look of sorrow on his face.

Klaus quirked his brow, a knowing look in his eye he glanced at Matt who decided that his feet we're a lot more interesting than anything else in the room, before glancing at me there was an uneasy silence for a moment until he said "Tyler wants you two in the study" Matt nodded vigorously almost sprinting out of the room.

Klaus and I watched him leave, until he turned toward me a smirk on his face "what?" I hissed "nothing" he answered dragging out the I, the smirk widening into a mischievous smile "I didn't know you had a thing for blonds", "I don't" my brother chuckled "keep telling yourself that"