Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I sense movement to my right but I continue to walk, through the dark streets that now have a bit of light filtering through the clouds,  like I don't realize anything. I put a wall up in my mind and heart. This stalker is a vampire and he'll be able to read my mind, unless I block him out of course. He continues to approach me closer with an edge to his pace, like a lion stalking it’s pray.

"What do you want?" I ask in an overly bored voice.

"I didn't think you would have noticed me, considering I didn't make a sound," he said while chuckling, looking at me curiously.

He steps into the light, giving me a better look at him. He's wearing all black, a hoodie and black jeans. He has black hair that falls in his eyes, which are also dark. They look grey with a tint of blue in them. He's muscular and looks friendly, yet playful, but reading his mind tells me otherwise. 

I continue walking. He falls in step with me. 

"Hey there babe, you shouldn't be walking out here all alone. Someone could really hurt you," he says playfully. He looks at me confused. "You're not scared?" 

"Nope," I say with ease, popping the 'P'. 

"You know, there are rapists in these woods, they would love a little girl like you," he smirks at me., as if this would faze me. 

"Just like how you came out of the woods?" I look at him with a raised eyebrow. "Besides I’m 15, not a little girl." 

"And I'm 18, not a big difference."  He said eyeing me.

We walk on in complete silence. I'm getting tired of walking and I just want to sleep.  

Twenty minutes have passed and I'm irritated, wondering why he hasn't done anything yet.  

"So tell me, why have you been hanging around here still? Why not do something?" I finally ask.  

"I was waiting to see if you'd try and run," he said as if it was obvious.

He's staring at me... I dig into his mind. It’s a tunnel of darkness but with hope, and wonder. Something you would find in a young child’s mind who is venturing off on his own in the world. Maybe that’s what he is, a lonesome child.

I sigh. Well, I might as well kill him now. 

I launch a punch at his jaw. He didn't see it coming and takes a few steps back. I then launch another punch at his face but he dodges. I bend the air into thin like blades, extending from my hands acting as invisible knives. I whip them right by his face, making it look like I missed. He goes to punch me but his cheek begins to bleed. He looks confused while I land about four more powerful punches to him, making him fall to the floor with me on top. I continue to try landing punches to his face but he keeps blocking. Dam, I'm not strong enough to make the blade durable enough to slit his throat. I can't kill him now. I'll just have to knock him out. Or better yet, run!

 I jump off of him and run, pumping my legs as fast as I can. I don't have enough strength to put up another wall so I continue to put all my energy into running away from him. I hear him catching up behind me. I hear his footsteps dangerously close. He's gaining on me fast. I turn my head sideways to look back when I feel a blast of pain hit the right side of my face. I hit the floor hard, landing on my side.

Fuck, he got me. I look up at him breathing hard. I’m tired, too fucking tired to deal with this. I look at him from the corner of my eyes to wait for him to rape me. It's not like this is the first time. He can't be worse than Jeb. There's no point in wasting my energy now. I'll conserve it until I have to make my getaway.

************************************

-KarinKunoichi