I'm Trapped in a Jail Cell

Chapter 11

I ignored Nash at all possible costs. He tried to talk to me, I'd stare out the window. He tried to stand in front of the window, I'd watch TV. He tried to sit on my bed, I'd stand up and move over to the chair. 

"Gina, what are you doing?!" He hissed. 

"Nash, you've been gone for what seems like forever! We were so close but now, I'm just that annoying family member that you want dead so you don't have to worry about them! Little do you know that I'm preparing you for what could happen 10 years down the line! When one of your kids or your wife gets cursed with this disease or ANY disease and you're too busy working! What are you gonna do? Go on tour or be with that person their last few days? I know the answer but you, you're gonna lie to yourself and say that you'll do the right thing..." I snapped. 

"My sister compared to my child?! Is your brain chemo fried?! Gina, I love you but I'm not putting my life on pause! I'm at the prime of my career right now! Stop always making a pity party for yourself! I hate the fact that you think everything revolves around you! The world's not gonna stop just so I can visit you..." He sighed and I shook my head. 

"Nash, I'm not stupid!" I gulped and he gave me a confused look. "Next time when you're smoking a joint, just remember that I can barely get enough oxygen in my lungs to survive..." I hissed. 

"Gina-"

"Please leave.... GO!" I screamed and he nodded. 

How can I be optimistic when my brother is basically killing himself in front of someone who is already dead?

A/N; Go check out It Is What It Is by idek_pineapples! It's a great book so far!