Chapter 3

A/N- ... I know, I know! I'm horrible... School... Ugh! Okay, okay! Updates are gonna be a bit longer from now on... Really sorry... I suck... Anyway, enjoy this chapter! I don't own Fairy Tail!

Lucy POV-

One foot. Another. Another. Walking closer into my old Hell. Stares from all around- something I never got before I left.

Another step. One more.

Still silence echoed through me. Funny, how when it's so quiet, you can really hear the whole world. I had left White outside for her to just wonder off. I knew she would be back.

I could feel his eyes on me. It was unsettling, yet refreshing. How I hated that.

I walked deeper into the center and stopped when I heard a voice yell, yet whisper, "Who the hell are you!?"

Such seriousness without a care.

What a nuisance. I thought.

I stopped dead in my tracks and replied with a voice disguiser, "Yes."

I could tell there was confusion on their face without looking up.

It was a statement and a question in one.

Instead of being pissed, they just backed off in confusion.

Then he came up to me.

"Hey! Who do you think you are, barging into our guild dressed like an enemy barking off strange ass comments!?"

I hadn't said anything, really. Just yes.

Natsu's voice echoed through my ears and I took in a shaky breath. Damn...

He stood in front of me now, looking annoyed and impatient. I gave it to him.

"Please, get out of my way," my strange recorded voice said.

He seemed surprised in an angry way, like he had thought I was joking. But before he could do anything more, Makarov's voice chimed through the room.

"Leave them be, Natsu. Stranger, I'll see you here in my office now."

"Of course," I said.

Lissana POV-

No... No! It couldn't possibly be! Did no one else notice? Maybe I'm just crazy. There's nothing to worry about, Lissana. So just calm down, chill out, and think about the free time you could have with Natsu. He he! Ooh! What a wonderful time we will have together... Let's just hope my spell doesn't wear off so soon...

Lucy POV-

My steps creaked on the rickety stairs that led to the top floor, and soon to my old master's office. I could still feel stares on my back as I walked. How uneasy, yet settling. I knew that deep down, it felt good to have them stare at me, even if they only thought I was a ruthless enemy.

When I reached Makarov's door, I could feel myself starting to hesitate. What was wrong with me?!

I couldn't really tell. But then, I put my hand on the door and pushed it open. There was Makarov, my old master, sitting on his desk, waiting for me.

Once the door closed behind me, he finally said, "Lucy, is it really you?" Yep. He remembered. He knew right when I first stepped foot in the guild.

I pulled my hood down, revealing my matured face, eye patch, yet covered with my longer hair, and almost, relived expression.

"Yes," I answered. "It's really me, Makarov."

He looked like he might actually cry for a second. He didn't care for my covered eye. I was shocked. Did he really miss me that much?

"Oh, dear Lucy! Finally! You've returned! I was starting to think you would never... But, I thank you. Are... Are you willing to join the guild again?"

I hesitated. Was I really there to join back? Maybe I was meant to... and, then again, maybe not... Would there be a reason for me being there? It felt like the universe was telling my there was. There was one, special reason why I couldn't give this opportunity up.

"I... I think maybe so... Yes, I will."

Makarov looked so relieved. "*Ahem!* Well, where would you like your new mark? I can't assume where it used to be because...?"

I just nodded. He even remembered my hand...

"My left upper arm," I said and moved my cape and pushed up my sleeve below my shoulder but above my elbow.

"Very well. A desired color?"

I don't know why I picked it. I didn't even know if it was a thing and would work. But, in the end, I requested, "rainbow."

...

Before he sent me off, Makarov asked if he should tell the guild about my return. I said no. I could tell them when I was ready, or never. Maybe they would even find out on their own.

I pulled my hood up and walked down the stairs, a bit faster this time. I tore a random job of the board and handed it to Mira. She looked at it, then responded, unsurely.

"U-um... T-this is a really... AHEM... big job. Hard to handle alone. Are you sure you want to do it?

It says the shortest return is three years!"

I nodded carefully, remembering I forgot to turn my voice modifier on after I left my old and now once again new master's office.

"O-okay..." she said and checked it. I walked out of the guild even faster, eager to leave. I could finally take my first breath later.

Maybe when I could control my world again.

Natsu POV-

When the "new comer" rushed out of the guild, I could sense they were now a member of Fairy Tail. And, mixed in with the sense of a new mark, I felt something familiar. So familiar, What was it? Deep down, it felt like a feeling I missed so much, but felt guilt every time I thought about it. Every time I tried to figure out what that sense was, I was stopped, like something was controlling my actions, thoughts, feelings. Almost like I was cursed. But, of course, I couldn't tell if I was. I wasn't sure if I could feel anything. But at that moment, I knew I needed to find out who the new comer was and why they were so interesting...