Chapie 1; 10 years

Lyn Ray’s POV

I have sat in this cell for 10 years, I haven’t aged a day, and I wouldn’t be in here if I hadn’t done what I did, it was stupid and rebellious, but I had to do it. Just what did I do? I had tried to avenge a killed vampire baby, her name was Rebecca, and she hadn’t lived for more than a year before being killed along with her mother by a vampire hunter family.

Flashback

I snuck into their house and killed the woman and almost killed her husband but he locked a bond spell on me, and his words were: “You now belong to my son Xavier Trinity.” He said bitterly.

“Not if I kill him.” I said in an even crueler tone.

“You can’t; you’re bonded to him for as long as he lives, you will protect him from harm, and be his slave, you can’t turn him unless he asks for it…” and like that he was dead, and about twenty other vampire hunters had burst into the house, a small brown haired boy among them, while glaring at me. Is this that Xavier kid? I would have asked but I was shot in all four of my limbs by a vampire hunter’s gun, tied up and as they were dragging me out of the house that Xavier kid asked me something.

“Why did you kill my parents?”

“Because they killed a baby girl who hadn’t lived any longer than a year, vampire or not she didn’t deserve to live such a short life.” I said.

“So if you came across me if I were a baby would you have just not killed me?” He asked, almost sarcastically.

“I’m a taper-vampire.” I answered simply.

“A what?”

“Aren’t you a vampire-hunter’s son, shouldn’t you know something about the different species’?”

“They told me there were different species but that I would never have to learn them because all vampires can be killed by the same kind of weapon. What’s being a ‘taper-vampire’ got to do with anything?”

“Well, Tapers are a rare, nearly extinct species of vampire; that have a strong craving for children’s flesh and blood, so if I came across you if you were a baby, you’d be my midnight snack, but any other vampire would have put you on someone’s doorstep.” I explained.

Xavier just rolled his eyes at me and turned to a vampire hunter.

“When?” He asked simply.

“When you turn sixteen Xavier, and I am deeply sorry for your lose.”

“Why do I have to wait for ten years?” Xavier asked.

“He’ll be tame and obedient in ten years.”

“Will it really take ten to make him tame?”

“Yes, he’s a sneaky one, but he’ll be obedient whether or not he likes it.” The hunter said dragging me out of the house.

End of Flashback

And that’s why I’ve been sitting in this cell for ten years, chained to the wall with silver shackles. I haven’t had a drop of blood since I got here ten years ago, at first the thirst made me crazy and angry, but after a few months, I felt nothing but numbness throughout my whole being, I rarely even thought of anything, just in a hibernating like sleep, I slept for nearly ten years until I heard my name, I had all but forgotten it over the years.