The Little Girl

For a person who was walking down the streets and has no place to go, whatever the season was, it was still cold. It was not only physically that she felt the cold. There was much more that she can't explain.

Going around and asking for food, she would always receive those disgusted and pity-filled looks. She was lucky to survive every single day.

No.

It was thanks to the brown-haired woman always passing by and helping her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The two talked plenty of times, though it was the older one who was speaking the most. The girl thought that the person who showed kindness to her was warm.

Slowly, that frozen feeling was melting away and she found herself waiting for that woman to arrive every day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The woman introduced herself as Lotti.

The miss has a name.

She doesn't have one. No one would call her by her name because it doesn't exist. The people around her would just call her as 'that girl.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whenever the poor little girl would look into Lotti's sienna eyes, she would see that a plan was growing inside the woman's mysterious mind. She couldn't help but wonder what the brunette was thinking.

"Do you like me?" Lotti asked. The girl nodded enthusiastically.

Who wouldn't like the woman who was so kind?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, Lotti didn't come.

Where was she?

The girl shook it off, telling herself that the woman must be busy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two. Three. Until it reached five days, the woman was nowhere to be seen.

The girl told herself that Lotti might not be able to go outside because of the rain. She noted to that the warmth in her heart was slowly fading. The coldness was seeping into her again. She doesn't want it. Then tears streamed down her eyes. She was trying to distract herself from the thoughts with the pitter patter of the rain.

Her heart was clenching of the thought to be alone.

More disgusted and pity faces.

Where was the woman who helped her?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sixth day was her limit. Her raven black hair was disheveled. Her coffee-colored eyes were dull. Everything seemed to be darkening. Her world was slowly falling. She was there at the cold stone pathway.

Then her vision completely became black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She was surprised to find herself alive.

The woman didn't abandon her. The brunette said sorry to her for leaving and not visiting her. Lotti told her that she was going to be adopted. She was happy. She was not going to be alone. Her world slowly turned from black and white into a colorful one she dreamed of. The fears in her heart were vanishing.

She was lucky.

But she wanted to be like Lotti. She desired to give hope like the older woman did.

And a plan was brewing inside her little brain.

It was her turn to help people like Lotti did.