The Watcher's Life

He concluded to himself that he would only be a person with no place to go. A person who watched events unfold from the sidelines. The one whose existence was barely noticeable and flickered like a small candle flame.

He hated himself for being who he is. He told himself every single day that he would change. But he always failed. Failing and failing.

Was that it? Was there no chance of being existent?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He can go to college. But he was worried.

Wouldn't he be existent?

He also didn't know what to take. Only a single thought summed up everything that was on his mind.

What was he going to do?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He was able to enroll at his dream school and he made a few friends. He was happy. There was someone who would remember that he existed besides his father. Still, he would be in the state of bliss if his mother's amnesia can be cured.

Sadly, it can't.

He told himself that he can't ruin the day. He needed to be happy for his fate.

-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEP BEEEEEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEP!

And that was followed by his body hitting the raging car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone was nice in his course. He loved psychology too. Everyone kept calling his name with enthusiasm. That felicity in him can't be taken away.

He was able to change.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Days passed by and it was weird. His mother's amnesia was slowly vanishing. Everyone knows him. It was good yet abnormal. There was something disturbing him but he disregarded it.

He was happy.

And that was fine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Reality is painful. The truth too." A freshman told him when he became a 2nd year student. He was puzzled.

And that feeling of not being supposed to be there was bugging him again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He was stopping his friends from fighting. They weren't supposed to fight. He grabbed his blonde-haired friend. And that friend merely shoved him away.

He was off balanced. Then he waited for his body to fall on the floor.

There was none.

He looked behind him.

The stairs.

Then he tumbled down.

The last things he knew were the pain, the metallic scent of blood, the yellow ceiling, the liquid in his mouth and his friends calling out to him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He slowly woke up to see the white ceiling. His father and mother were crying, though the latter one seemed confused. His mouth felt dry.

Why were there so many things stuck at him?

Then he heard his father say 7 months and coma.

Tears threatened to spill.

That was it? It was a world during his coma?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He stared at the class. He was nervous. He was going to change in the reality too.

Mustering up all his courage with a bright smile in his face, he said "Hello, everyone. I'm William Clarke. Please take care of me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hello! Any thoughts about this? I'm sorry I updated one day late and I'll be blunt to say I forgot because school. I wrote this around July 2013 and it was one of those very short stories that I attempted to write while keeping myself busy on my way to school.

Anyway, I hope you like it and if you do, click the star button or press vote and feel free to comment. Happy reading and have a wonderful day! :)