A Call

A Call

She glanced at her phone for the time and sighed.

Everything was so normal today, huh?

She relaxed back to her computer chair and was about to put on her headphones when the familiar 'Cowboys from Hell' by Pantera played. She turned her gaze from her laptop to the ringing phone at her side. With a frown, she looked at the letter 'X' displayed in the screen.

To say that she was confused was an understatement. She was befuddled because she couldn't remember naming a contact 'X' and she was certain that she didn't let anyone borrow her phone. Still, she was cautious. No way in her life would she answer a suspicious caller.

She leaned back to her seat, determined to ignore the call. The person could simply die trying to call her.

With her headphones perfectly fitted on her head, she leaned towards her computer and moved the mouse to click the word 'in'. The music she mixed blasted perfectly and she couldn't help but love it until she could hear her ringtone again.

It took her minutes to endure the pesky ringtone. It was ruining her practice for her future career. With a huff and a violet pull of her headphones away from her ears, she grabbed the phone and pressed the answer button.

"Huh?" She muttered, slightly cringing at the sound of static once it reached her ears.

"You're it, Tracey."

Then the line went dead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hi, everyone! Same as the other short stories, this was also old and written around 2014. A bit of revision was made to extend the story and give a bit of personality to Tracey.

So, if you ever fancied it, hit the star button and every single comment will be appreciated.

Have a nice day and happy readings! :)

~ Lacie