Chapter 8

Chapter 8

I feel on top of the world after the diner run in but I know this is only the start , we head towards the car and Jake is right by my side his arm wrapped protectively around my shoulder, my hand clutch the back of his blue t-shirt like he might disappear. It looks like the human side of me wants him just as much as the wolf side.

As we reach the car Jake turns to me and says

“Would you like to come to my house for dinner tonight baby? My mother has been bugging me to bring you back since you first came, and believe me I got seriously chewed out for what happened last night” He laughs and it’s the sweetest sound my ears have ever heard, his whole face lights up with happiness and I find myself staring open mouthed at this beautiful man…and he really is mine.

“Aunt Sharon would it be ok if I went to dinner at Jakes house, Angel would like to see me again” I explain hoping she says yes but knowing she couldn’t be happier right now by the smile on her face when she looks at us together.

“Of course my darling you go right ahead and please give Angel my love. Oh and Eve not to late tonight you have school in the morning honey” she says as she jumps into the loaded car and drives towards home leaving Jake staring down at me.

“So shall we head home” He asks

“Ok lets go” I state

He leads me towards a rather expensive looking black BMW and opens the door for me to get in.  When he has me in the car and the door is closed he heads around to the driver’s side as I fumble with my seatbelt, he leans across me and takes the belt from my hand brushing my skin and making my breath hitch from the shocks I feel. I can feel my heart pounding in my chest and I know he can hear it. As he clips me in place he stays close to me his face only inches from mine and from the gazed look in his dark eyes he is feeling exactly the same way.

“Eve you have no idea how much you turned me on back there, you are so strong and fierce I bet you will be a tiger in bed” He whispers into my ear earning him a low groan I don’t mean to escape,

“Yes and we both know that’s not true Jake, you heard me in the shower last night” I whisper embarrassedly, knowing he heard me at my weakest.

“Yes Eve but that was all my fault and I will never forgive myself for making you feel like that, I just hope you will give me another chance” he asked pleadingly.

I think I might have forgiven him but he doesn’t need to know that yet right? And I am still hurting.

Jake starts the car and we head off on the short journey to his pack house, when we pull up outside I notice again a lot of people just hanging around,

“Jake why do all these people hang out here?” I enquire,

“Well baby, a lot of our pack live in the house with my family just as you will too” he states

Ok well I suppose one day I will but not anytime soon I don’t think,

“It’s ok Eve I already told you I would never make you do anything you’re not comfortable with, unless you want to that is” he says with that cheeky glint in his eyes and I’m almost lost.

Jake unclips my belt and jumps out of his seat speeding around the front of the car to help me out, such a gentleman.

“Ok baby I warn you know my mum is really excited about seeing you, so please humour her, she hasn’t had much to be excited about since my dad….you know” he tails off and my heart hurts for them both, the look of pain that flashes across his face, I want to ask him what happened but now is not the time.