Chapter 6

On Monday I take my clothes and eye contacts into the bathroom. I place the eyes contacts on the counter so it looks as if I've used them. I jump in the shower and then dress. I put on some tight, black, high wasted skinny jeans. They have buttons leading up to my belly button. I then put on a loose white crop top that hangs off one shoulder, exposing a few inches of my stomach. It has a union jack imprinted on the front. I then brush out my red hair, so that it hangs in loose curls to just below my breasts. No one has seen me with my hair down yet. I pull on some black leather lace up booties and a black leather jacket. I put on some mascara so my blue eyes stand out on my face, and apply some tinted lip gloss. I also erase all the spots I had. As we get ready to leave, Kayleigh spots me and stops still. "Ashleigh! You have to be the prettiest girl I've ever seen! I want to look just like you when I'm older." She says looking at my clothes longingly. She comes forward to hug me and stands next to me with her arm behind my back while we talk. Kay spots Adam first, as he comes down the stairs. " Addy! How do you think Ashleigh looks?" Kayleigh ask cheekily whilst I blush without intending to.

Adam stops halfway down the stairs and stares at me with his mouth hanging open. He has to shake himself out his daze. "Well, Addy?" asks Kay impatiently.

"Oh.. Um..," he gulps. "You look really nice Ash, you really do. I just.. erm.. I didn't expect this.. um.." He stutters, looking me up and down. Just then the bus pulls up. "We better go. See you later Kayleigh." He says and ruffles his sister's hair. He almost seems to rush out of the door. I pick up my bag and walk casually out behind him. Josh seems confused as to why Adam is getting on the bus so quickly, but then he turns around and spots me. He does a double take before hurrying after Adam. I get on the bus and everyone goes silent as they look at me. I sit down in my usual seat at the front and the chatter starts up again. I hear some people asking who I am and others insisting I'm the geeky new girl, but no one listen to them. I tune my hearing so that I can hear Josh and Adam's conversation.

"So that's the same British girl that's been living at your house the past few weeks?" he asks.

"She has a name you know, it's Ashleigh. And yeah that's her." says Adam

"What happened? She's absolutely smoking now. Chelsea's gonna explode." Says Josh.

"All she did was take away all the socially unacceptable faults she had. She's still the same person." replies Adam sounding slightly annoyed.

"Yeah but now she hot," says Josh "And it sounds like someone has a crush on the British Babe. Since when have you been so poetic anyways?" I hear a grunt as Adam shoves Josh. I blush at the thought of Adam fancying me. I can't help it and it irritates me that I wouldn't mind Adam having a crush on me. Control your emotions!

"Shut up," Mutters Adam. Josh goes to say something but then we pull into the school parking lot.

"Let the bloodbath commence." Laughs Josh as the bus doors open. I let everyone else get off the bus before me so I can have my entrance. I let 'Heaven Knows' by The Pretty Reckless begin in my head, and I would advise that you play this song before reading this next part.

I step off the school bus and begin making my way across the parking lot. Ember stands on the front steps of the school watching the scene unfold. To my right stand the group of populars. All the boys stand watching me make my way to Ember, their mouths open. The cheerleaders glare at me, no doubt just following Chelsea, who seems to be trying to kill me with her mind. I swing my hips, my head up high. As I reach the steps I see (in the corner of my eye) Chelsea turn to Tyler and kiss him to bring his attention back to him. Ember has tears in her eyes from trying to contain her laughter and we link arms, making our way to creative writing.