Chapter 11

I go to bed as soon as possible, and at midnight I head out. I decide on the way to make a quick stop. Since vincent appears to have no moral compass, I'm sure he won't mind doing me another favor.

I reach Tyler's house in a new skin, this time as an african teenage girl. I slip into his bedroom. I stand in the corner of his room, observing him as he sleeps on his gigantic bed. I don't attempt to cross his horrifically messy room, I just clear my throat. He must be on edge, I think to myself as I watch him shoo up out of bed. After a few minutes to let his eyes adjust, he notices me.

He leaps out of bed in his boxers. But doesn't move too far, wary of me. I smile brightly, before super speeding across the room and pinning him against the wall. I wrap my hands around his neck and hold him mid air.

"I don't know what you are but you're not human," I say and narrow my eyes at him through the darkness. "But you need to know a few things." I trace my sharp nail across his cheek. "We know what you did. And we're coming for you." A nervous expression overcomes his face and his heart races. Then suddenly, his eyes begin to darken. Knowing what that means, I leave as fast as possible.

I reach the alley quicker than usual, and am not surprised to see Vincent lurking in the shadows, a black leather jacket clinging to his shoulders, with a black t shirt and dark wash jeans. "You called?" I ask, glancing at him warily.

"My connections found them. The other one. The one like you." he says. I nod, and silently follow him. We race across cities, going at supernatural speed for almost an hour, until we stop outside a ruin of a church. Jagged grey rocks, the colour of silver in the moonlight, lay scattered across the ground. The whole world is shadowed into black and white, the grass the colour of slate, the sky a deep charcoal. A few walls remain, the brick crumbling from age.

He opens a rotting wooden door, which lies precariously under some slimy moss. The moon illuminates his face as he opens it, highlighting his strong Jawline and piercing eyes, the colour of black. He motions for me to enter, his dark eyes looking into my soul."They come out here." I say simply and he understands what I haven't said;I'm unprotected and open for ambush, I've never felt so vulnerable.

Having heard my demand, they come out. A midnight blue hood emerges, covering their head and face. The cloke opens slightly to reveal a skin tight red velvet dress, reaching their upper thighs. Long, pale legs are encased in black, lace up boots with heels that reach just above their knee. The sexy ensemble hints to the personality behind the cloak.

They drop the hood.

They creature, the person, the being, who is supposedly just like me is...

"Poppy," I whisper into the crisp night air.