Chapter 1

Memories flood my mind, things that make me, me.Everything I have ever learnt or come to know joins my consciousness. This is what has happened every morning for 158 years. I sit up on my bed and, knowing that all curtains are closed, I turn into my original form.

My last night as a human, I was blessed with the gift to change my appearance completely and with limitless other abilities that I rarely ever use. My original form is how I looked when I was last human, I also do not need to own clothes and whatnot because I can fashion them out of my mind. I peer into the mirror at the 17-year old girl staring back at me. Straight milky-blond hair reaches my hips, and bright green eyes stare back at me. Big pink lips pout naturally in the mirror and a knee-length black plain dress cloaks my skinny body. Its sleeves reach my elbows and hug my arms tightly, along with my torso but it flares out into a skirt just above my belly button. I realize now that I would have been considered very pretty, at the time that I looked like this. Though compared to standards of the modern era, I am qute skinny, with my ribs protruding ever so slightly. Of course I can change my appearance at any time, but I prefer to stay in my original, skinny form. My stomach growls and a wave of dizziness washes over me. Of course, with any gift, comes conditions. I must consume 3000 calories to be able to survive. My body has to work extra hard to live along side my powers and so needs extra food.

I go down my wooden stairs and into my personal room, which of course is hidden at this moment, it looks like an average sun room, with two floor to ceiling windows. I open the door, which is to my left, and into my extremely open plan living room/dining room/kitchen. Three plush grey sofas face my traditional fireplace next to the front of the house. Next to that Is a 6-seater glass dining table and chairs, which lies next to a black granite kitchen island and kitchen. I turn on the gramophone. Music helps make this large empty house feel less lonely. I open the fridge and pull out a punnet of raspberries, strawberries, a banana and a carton of fruit juice. I pull out a bag of ice cubes from the freezer and a pack of straws from the draw. After 2 minutes if continuous blending, my blender is filled to the brim with delicious smoothie. I put a straw into it and tidy away all the remains. I start drinking my creation, dancing slowly around the room, and dial the pizza place, ordering two large pizzas and a two-liter bottle of non-diet pop. It'll be here in 20 mins, so I drink as fast as I can and change skin.

I leave the house in dark blue jeans, pink sneakers, a pink tank top, a plain black sweatshirt,pink framed glasses on a set of brown eyes and light brown hair tied up in a pony tail. I run to the nearest shop, 4 miles west, in a matter of minutes and buy a load of high-calorie junk food and drink. I'm back home within 10 mins of leaving, and I have put everything away by the time the doorbell rings. As I open the door I shout to the empty house "Pizza's here! Grab a drink I'll be in in a minute!" and turn to the pizza guy. He looks to be in high school.

"Two large pizzas. One pepperoni and one Hawaiian?" he asks smiling at me.

"That's us!" I say cheerily, handing him the money and taking the pizzas.

"Sleepover?" he asks. I'm shocked by the question, I prefer to interact with humans as little as possible. I smile at him.

"Girl's night," I wink at him. "Thanks." I say and shut the door in his face before he can say anything else. That went OK I guess, could have gone worse. I haven't been out and social for a few years now, and the lie I just told burns through my heart, driven by loneliness. I blink and I'm back in my original form. I sit on the couches and binge out on pizza and fizzy drinks for a few hours, watching mindless TV. The layout of the downstairs to my house means that from the sofa I can see the window leading to my front garden and across the room the doors leading the my back yard. No lights are on in the house and to most it would be creepy, such a big, old house in the middle of nowhere just sat there in the dark but I know nothing can hurt me. That's the benefits of having infinite abilities, I guess. The glow of the TV illuminates the nearest space but I can see into the dark depths of the house easily. I turn off the TV and turn on a lamp on the kitchen island. And then I sit at the kitchen table, the soft glow of the lamp lighting up the small space in which I sit in, and I sketch.