Chapter 9

**WARNING THIS CHAPTER MAY BE INAPPROPRIATE IF YOU ARE UNDER 12 YEARS OLD**

The next day I drag Ember into school, with the promise to not tell anyone (except Adam) about the cancer until her chemo starts. The day passes without any incident and I decide to walk home as opposed to catching the bus with Adam, "I just need some air," I tell him. The truth is, I can feel an air of corrupt excitement emanating from Tyler. 

He jumps in his new convertible and races off with a loud whoop which the rest of his posse mimic as he leaves. I quicken my pace, trying to look inconspicuous. We reach what must be his house and he disappears, returning a few minutes later in dark wash jeans and a white polo shirt. He rests on his car and texts for a few minutes, smiling to himself. He hops back in and I sprint in the cover of the trees for 10 miles along side him until we reach a hidden layby by the edge of the woods. I watch from the dark foliage of the dense trees, standing in the dying october light. 

Tyler suddenly looks up, staring straight at me, and though I know he can't see me, I sink further into the foliage. He gets out the car and strides confidently in my direction and I duck out the way, following him deeper into the woods. We walk for about 10 minutes, trampling across the rotten leaves, their bright colors slowly dying away in the crisp air. The smell of damp woodland seems to calm me, although I don't know why I'm on edge. Suddenly we reach a small clearing, probably only 6 or 7 metres across, with a lone tree stood in the centre. As Tyler steps into the space, another figure emerges from amongst the trees.

A girl emerges, most likely the same age as us, wearing a grey sweater that cuts off, showing her mid riff. She wears black jeans and high-heeled boots; which must be terrible for walking through a forest in. When Tyler spots her, he strides forward quickly, pulling her into a passionate kiss. I would say that I'm surprised, but everyone knows how bad Chelsea's and Tyler's relationship is. The girl doesn't go to our school, and I watch on in disgust as they grip each other tightly trying to get closer as they seems to consume each others faces. After a further five minutes of this, I'm about to leave, confident that Tyler is indeed a cheating scumbag, when they break apart.

"Tyler," the girl breathes out, heavy breaths escaping from her swollen, pink lips. He laughs at her reaction, pulling her roughly into him and running his hand along her exposed stomach which must make her freezing. He leans in to kiss her again, the same passion (hormones) driving his actions. But then his hands begin to move...upwards. She pulls away. "Get off, Tyler!" she shrieks.

"Come on," he smirks down at her. "You know you want me,"

"Well, yeah," she blushes "But I'm not.." she doesn't even get to finish her sentence before Tyler dives in again. She pulls away and throws a horrified look at him. "Stop it, Tyler" she says. "I'm leaving, 'cause you don't seem to even care about me. I have more than a body, Ty." she looks at him, turning around. He reaches out and grabs her arm.

"You can't leave me. I'm Tyler Jenson, for christ's sake!" he says and tries to bring her back to him. I swallow nervously at the look in his eye, a dangerous look; even for a human. The temperature drops, an icy wind whipping through the clearing and slapping me in the face. The girl shivers. 

"Let go of me!" she pleads as Tyler holds her tightly. She begins to struggle, twisting, and pulling.  For some reason, Tyler looks at her disgusted and lets go of her suddenly, with a slight push. The girl's eye's widen and her long, black hair falls with her as she does; landing on the ground with a loud thud on the icy twigs. After a few moments, the girl still hasn't gotten up. A nervous look crosses Tyler's face and he bends down, pushing the hair back from her face. Bright, cold blue eyes stare emptily into the white sky.

"Crap, Crap, Crap, Crap." Tyler mutters as he stares down at the dead girl, his nervous expression morphing into an angry one. "God dammit, Portia! This is all your fault!" He shrieks into the air. And I watch in terror as his eyes turn black. He rests his hand flat on her chest and I watch as her body turns black all over before vanishing completely. A small blood stain lies where the girl's head was.

Tyler stands up, his eyes returning to normal, and takes long strides back towards his car.