Chapter 3.

Chapter 3.

A few months have passed since the guys' funerals. My mother went back home and my band have started writing our own songs.

This weekend was my 21st birthday party. 3rd November. No one's mentioned Benji for a few weeks, which was good.

At least I haven't been getting angry, being reminded of what happened. Scared that someone will find out everything. 

The funeral was 5 months ago.

I still remember my sobbing mother clutching onto my arm as my brothers coffin was lowered into the ground. Those raindrops that helped me look upset.

Everyone thought I was crying when what I really did was just take advantage of Mother Nature's gift of rain that day.

Thanks, Mother Nature, you really helped me out there.

My band wrote a song called The Sin. But, without them knowing, it was about what I did.

It did help to lift a little but of the weight on my chest. A little. I suppose I feel guilty still. Not for killing everyone, but for the heartbreak

I put their families through...and Katia. The care home kid. She didn't have a family but she thought I loved her.

I'll admit...There have been times where I've thought about that night.

Me, covered in blood that wasn't even mine. I've laughed and smiled about it all. 

It was fun.

If I could do it again and know I would definitely get away with it, I would.

Today though, I got a call. I looked at my phone: Unknown number.

'Hello?' I answered.

'You're alive...You lied to me.' 

The voice on the other end said.

'What? Who's this?' I asked, a little confused.

There was a pause then the voice said a name. The voice was a girl, who's words sounded quiet. Her voice shaking a little. 'Katia...'

She'd rang me from prison?

What is this shit?!

As she spoke I stood in my front room completely shocked. 'Avery...I want answers from you. I don't have long left on the phone, so will you come visit me sometime?' she asked.

I thought for a moment and said 'Yes.'

I wasn't sure if I was actually gonna go. I just said yes to shut her up.

Well...I suppose I should. I already lied to her once. And it was a big lie. I owe her answers at least.

After I hung up, I sat down and rubbed my forehead. My phone beeped and I saw I had a text.  

Ash- Hey dude. Come round Joel's We're gonna have a practice :)

I replied with 'Is later OK, I'm kinda busy at the moment. 5PM?'

Ash- Yeah that's fine dude. We're picking up some beers for after, want us to get you some?

I said, 'Yeah go for it.'

Ash- OK well, see you later.

Maybe drinking again wasn't such a good idea, not after what happened last night...

Oh yeah, I was meant to tell you about that.

So last night I decided to go out to the pub and I got talking to a few guys at the bar.