Chapter 5.

Chapter 5.

 'Bro..? I found something in my hallway. I need you to come see this...' Joel's voice seemed shaky. 

What had happened? I've got to get to him..This could be important.

I jumped into my car and raced to Joel's. When i got there he was already on his front doorstep looking impatient.

I got out of my car and slammed the door shut. I ran over to Joel and we both went inside. He took me into the kitchen and told me to sit down.

'OK right. well, i was clearing up after the party and i found a piece of paper on the floor. So um..' Joel was shaking and stuttering.

'Well, it was a photo. And its kinda...I dunno i just cant get my head around it.'

'What do you mean? Let me see.' I said.

'Well remember all that happened in the woods, Course you remember...your brother died. Anyway, sorry. I remember seeing it on the news and i recognize the girl from this photo. She was the girl who killed them all.'

Joel finally handed over the photo and sure enough, it was yet another photocopy of the photo of Laura's murder. 

How is this even possible?

I burnt the copy that was here...

Someone put it there last night..

'Avery?' 

'Wha..sorry.' I said looking up from the photo at Joel.

'It is her isn't it?' He asked.

'Yeah, that's her.' I said. 'Why is it here? And who is this girl' I asked pretending not to know who Laura was or what the photo was about.

'Avery... I asked you to come round for a reason.' Joel paused and stared at me.

'What?'

'You know what this is about don't you? You've been acting weird for weeks now. Tell me.'

I stood up from the table and said, 'I cant.'

Then i left. I didn't look back or say another word to Joel. I just left. On my drive home i must have got at least 11 missed calls from him and shit loads of texts.

I ignored them all. I needed to figure out my story before i spoke to him again.

Fuck! 

What was i gonna do? Should i tell Joel the truth?

would he tell anyone? That's the important thing.

I'll just tell him i knew about the murder but that photo wasn't mine.

My phone started ringing. It was Joel again, so i answered it. 'What?'

'What the fuck is going on Avery?' He demanded.

'Look, come to mine and i'll explain everything to you. Just you. as long as you don't tell anyone.' I told him, knowing it would take him a while to get here, that gave me more time to think of my story.

'Ok,' I started to hear him say but I hung up before he could finish.

I sat down. 

Tell Joel i knew about it. But not that i was involved. Now someone's playing around with me, trying to spook me and the picture must have fallen out of my bag at the party..

Joel sat in silence.

Staring at me.

'So?' I said.

'So what?'

'Say something. I'm freaking out here.' I said.

'Why didn't you tell me before. I could have helped by now. This is the last thing you need after what happened. You don't deserve someone doing this to you.' He said, gesturing towards the photo and referring to the fact he now believes someone's fucking with me.

Well, it wasn't all lies. Someone IS fucking with me. But Joel cant know why.

At least now i know it couldn't have been Joel who's been doing this. Still, Joel sat there staring at me. There was an awkward silence. I hated this.

What if he could tell I was lying.

He was my best friend after all. I can always tell when he's lying.

He's my best friend, best friends don't grass each other up...

Even if he did know I was lying, he wouldn't say anything.

I suppose I can't say that really. I claim all these guys are my friends but I lie to them every day.

When I say I miss my brother, Marla, Karlos, and Kamile. Its just all lies.

As long as they believe me its OK. Just proves they trust me.

Emily and Ava are too stupid to figure it out anyway. Even if all the evidence was staring them in the face...Dumb bitches.

My mother, too drunk to know...well, anything. 

So from now on this should be easy.

Simple. Keep jowl on my side and no one will find out. Sounds like a great plan to me. Joel rubbed his forehad and stood up, sighing.

I don't think he knew what to do with what I just told him. I need to keep him on my side so I told him the truth...

****************************************************************************************

Only about the picture. I wasn't gonna tell him about me killing my friends. I told him I knew about it, and I knew about the picture, but I wasn't in on it.

And i think he believed me.

***************************************************************************************

Awesome. He walked over to me. I'd just stood up too.

He looked at me straight in the eyes and slammed his hands down on my shoulders.

'Avery.' He started. 'Tell me something.. If you were to see that Katia girl, who killed your brother...What would you do?'

'Well I dunno.' I shrugged. I hadn't told him I'd been to see her either. That would look too suspicious. 

'Come on Avery...What would you do?' He almost shouted, and as he did, he lifted his hands, shoving me a tiny bit and walked around the table resting his hands on it, leaning.

Staring at me.

'I just said, I dunno.' I repeated. What was he trying to do...Squeeze something out of me? Joel looked away, sat down, and started staring at the floor instead of me.

'Avery. I'm not stupid. I know there's something you're not telling me.' He said.

'There's nothing Joel. Honestly.' I said.

'Whatever. Just so you know, I don't believe you. I understand you might act a little weird after all your friends and your brother are mysteriously all killed, by one girl "apparently". There is no way, one girl did all that alone.'

He paused. Then he suddenly turned his head and looked at me.

'And you were the only person to come out of those woods alive, Avery. Apart from Katia but that's only because she was arrested. So you thought you could get away with it and you ran away, went and killed those other girls and took them back to the woods. Didn't you Avery?'

Joel was staring at me. 'What?' I stuttered.

'I know everything...' He said to me.

I was dripping with sweat. Shaking, I brushed my hair out of my face and said,

'Ok, Joel. Sit down.'

  ****************************************

Ginni

XxThexFallenxAngelxX