Decisions

The next morning I woke up with a smile on my face. Beast was surprised due to the fact that she knew I wasn't a morning person.
"Wow Phoenix, you seem awful cheery today. What happen last night?"
"Oh, I just had a favor returned to me yesterday." I said in dreamy voice as I brushed my hair.
"Must have been one hell of a favor for you enjoy mornings." she teased.
"Ya, it was." I continued brushing my hair. We took turns behind the changing curtain getting into our costumes then putting on our makeup on in the vanity. I was finished first so I thought I would get to breakfast early today since i'm usually always late. I got there and the only ones there were Joker, Jumbo and Snake.
"Mornin' guys." I said in a cheery voice as I sat next to them with my apple.
"Oh Phoenix ye're up early today." Joker laughed
"'Are you feeling ok?' says Emily" Snake said the first part in a girly voice.
"Ya, i'm just fine." I gave a closed eye smile. I finished my apple when I finally noticed that a certain two toned boy wasn't here yet.
"Hey do you guys know where Dagger's at?" I asked them.
"I think he's still in his tent. You mind waking him for us there are a couple chores I want him to do." Joker said. I nodded and walked off to his tent. I heard light snoring as I stood in front of the tent. I slowly opened the curtain to reveal Dagger sprawled out on his bed sleeping peacefully. I smiled a bit as I walked up to his bed. He looked so cute with his bed head and baggy baby blue pajamas.
"Dagger" I whispered
"Dagger" I whispered again this time shaking him a bit. Nothing.
"Dagger!" I yelled.
"AHHHH!" he screamed as he shot up and fell off his bed..........right on top of me.
We starred at each other for awhile before his face turned beet red and I was sure my face was the same color.
"Sorry Miss I didn't mean too!"
"Sorry Dagger I didn't mean too!" Our voices overlapping each other.
He quickly got up and gave me his hand. I took it and dusted myself off as he did the same.
"Sorry Dagger, Joker told me to wake you. I didn't mean to scare you." I blushed
"No no it's fine I shouldn't have overreacted." he laughed
"Well Joker said he had a couple chores for you to do so.....i'll see you around."
"Oh" he sighed "Ok, see you around." We waved at each other.
I went back to my tent. Beast was still there fixing up her hair.
"Are you ok Phoenix? Your face is so red! Are you sick?" she said while she stopped fixing her hair.
"No, i'm fine it's just the cold air." I smiled as I flopped onto my bed.
"Come on Phoenix I know that's not it. You know you can tell me." She said sitting next to me on the bed.
I sighed "Ok well, Joker told me to wake up Dagger so I did and I accidentally scared him and he ended up falling on top of me. And yesterday I might have given him a kiss on the cheek because he was freaking out that a couple guys whistled at me from the audience and he gave me a kiss on the cheek back, that was the favor I was talking about earlier." I had my eyes closed so I couldn't see her face. I slowly opened them and she was just smiling. Then she started laughing. "What's so funny?" I pouted
"Your just so cute. But now you've caught his eye and let me tell ya, he won't stop until he has you so I wish you good luck with him." she said as she left the tent. He won't stop until he has you. Those words repeated themselves in my mind. I couldn't help it. I couldn't hold it in anymore. I put my face in my hands and cried. I cried until my chest hurt. I cried until my stomach hurt. I cried until my eyes stung. Why? Why am I still doing this? I don't need the money. I can just live here with them. As long as i'm with him I don't need anything else. But I knew why I couldn't quit. I had made a contract with a group of people. The deal. As long as I always follow through with my assignments they'll offer me their protection against Cole. He's a man who's family I was assigned to kill. Since the day I killed them he's been after me so the "Black Diamonds" offer me their protection. If it wasn't for them, I would be dead by now. So I had two options. Forget about all of that and just accept and love Dagger with the risk of being assassinated or continue with my mission and kill the one person that I care about and possibly love.
I scratched at my scalp vigorously trying to figure out what to do. Why did this have to happen to me? I fell to my knees and started to cry again. I heard happy whistling toward my tent but I just ignored it then it stopped and I heard a gasp.
"Phoenix!" Dagger ran up to me and took me into his arms. He didn't even talk he just held me letting his warmth envelope me and let me cry into his chest. After a couple minutes I finally pulled myself together. I sniffled and took in a shaky breath. "You ok now?" he asked
I nodded as I looked at the orange stain I left on shirt from my makeup. I touched it "Sorry." He looked at the stain and smiled wide."No worries, it'll come out." his smile went away "Anyways, are you ok?" he asked
"I don't know." I said looking up at him
"Ok, I wont push it, but." he started laughing "You should fix your makeup."
I gasped and turned away "Ugh I probably look horrible."
He touched the bottom of my chin, making me look at him. "You'll always look beautiful to me." he said. He slowly brought his face closer to mine. My heart was pounding so hard. Oh God. He's gonna-. Before I can finish my thought his lips were on mine. They were soft and warm and I instantly melted into it. He pulled away and smiled. He helped me up and hugged me again. "Take your time. I'll be practicing in the tent." he said. He kissed my cheek and walked out the tent. Kiss me.