Come and Get It

I woke up happily again and got ready. Humming as I did my hair and makeup. I strapped on my shoes and made my way to breakfast. Everyone was there except Dagger. I just shrugged it off. He probably overslept again. It was my turn so do the dishes so I did the dishes and cleaned the tables. Afterward Joker wanted me to help him dig through some old boxes for props. Afterwards I was covered with dust and cobwebs so I decided to take a bath. Luckily I was the only one there. It was already getting kind of late and no one has seen Dagger. I walked over to his tent and called for him. No answer. I walked in and collapsed to my knees. His room was completely trashed and there was blood on the floor. A note was left on his night stand.

If you want to see him again come alone.
Yours truly,
Cole

My blood boiled with hate. I crumbles the paper and threw it on the floor. Go Where. Oh well where else. He wants me to go to the scene of the crime. His old mansion. But if I go alone he'll surely kill me. But I can't tell the others, he most likely has someone watching me. I know. I grabbed the piece of paper and headed down the where everyone was eating.
"Hello." I greeted them
They all waved. "So, there's a couple errands I have to run in town so i'll be back soon."
They nodded and I unfolded the paper and put in front of them and quickly left. I wrote the address on it so they'll know where to go. I took one of the spare horses they had to pull a wagon and a black cloak I found in Daggers room. I whipped the handle and off it went. I pulled the hood over so my face was hidden as I raced to the mansion. When I got there I hopped off the horse and sent it away. I took off the hood and walked up to the door. Dagger please be ok. Before I had a chance to open the door it swung open. The house was dark and cold. I walked in and the floors creaked under my weight. When I got inside the door slammed shut. I jumped and looked around. It was too dark to see anything. "I'm glad you arrived (Y/N). Are you alone?" a voice echoed through the house.
"Yes i'm alone. Wheres Dagger?"I snapped
Suddenly candles were turned on at the top of the staircase. I gasped at the sight. There was Dagger strapped onto a large board. He had a small line of blood coming from his mouth, his closed were torn and dirty and his eyes were closed. "Dagger!" I yelled as I ran up to him.
"Dagger! Dagger please wake up!" I yelled as I cupped his cold cheeks.
He moaned softly "P-Phoenix." he mumbled as his eyes lids opened slightly.
"It's ok i'm here. I'll get you out of here." I started to mess with the chains but they were on too tight and every time I move them he winced.
"It's no use, the only way to free him is to tell him the truth." the voice echoed
"What truth?" I yelled back
"You know what i'm talking about." the voice laughed.
"(y)-(y/n)? Dagger mumbled "What is he talking about?"
"Go ahead (Y/N) tell him." the voice laughed
I sighed, a single tear rolling down my face. "My name is (y/n) (l/n). I am an assassin. People pay me to kill other people for them. A man named Pachelo hired me to kill everybody from Noah's Ark Circus. That's why I joined you and that's why i'm so skilled. I didn't mean to fall in love with you but I did." more tears rolled down my face. "But I abandoned my mission to be with you even though it meant I had a high chance of being assassinated myself I didn't care. I just wanted to be with you." I cried as I looked up at him. His eyes were wide except for his right one which was swollen shut. "Dagger, i'm so sorry for not telling you, I just thought I would keep it a secret and you'd never find out. I just wanted us to be together." I cried even more.
"(y/n)" Dagger said "I forgive you. Because i've also been keeping something from you." Dagger looked down.
"Oh now it's getting good." the voice laughed
"There's a reason why that man wanted to kill us. Me and the rest of the first-stringer are the ones who've been kidnapping children and giving them to our father. We don't know why he wants them but we do as he asks. And we kill whoever gets in our way." he said as tears rolled down his cheeks. "I'm sorry, I was gonna tell you eventually but I just couldn't find the right time. I'm so sorry."
I ran a hand through his hair and kissed him. "It's ok. The only thing I care about now is getting out of here with you."
"That is" the voice chimed in "If you can get out."