Chapter 1

There was long moment of silence before I broke it.
"Oh. I see. Well that's a lovely name."
I can't say anything more because this feels so awkward.
"Sorry I kept you here for some time. You must be wanted back home by now. Sorry again."
***
The dinner table was quiet again. Only the sounds of mouths chewing and utensils hitting the silverware can be heard. Mom didn't even try to lighten the mood. She gave up.
"I'll be going to my room now."
Placing the plate in the sink, I sneak back to my room and do my homework. Saying that I don't know Japanese fluently, reading fluently is so much harder. All these lines barely makes any sense to me.
"The Ro-mania? No, that's not right. The Ro-mans? Ok then, I nailed down 2 words, for now. I have a whole passage to read and then comprehension questions at the end. I really would like some help, but I'm not gonna ask my parents for help. I don't want to see them right now."
***
   There's a flyer for the girl's basketball club. Sneaking glance around the make sure no one was looking, I don't know why I even did that, I slowly made my way closer to it.
   Thwack! "Owww! Ugh... I'm so sorry!"
   "God! That seriously hurts! Watch where you're goin would you?! Foreigners these days got no respect at all!"
   I barely understood the situation I am in, but I could make out a girl who is really pissed off.
   My satchel full of notebooks, pen and textbooks came tumbling out as well. Some of the pages of the textbooks blended this way and that and some even ripped. Just what I need on the first day of school. A bill for the textbooks.
    "Hey! I'm still talking to you foreigner so pay attentions would you?!"
    Geez. This girl is a pain in the back. I said sorry already. I bet she's the queen of this school or something. She acts like she's in a drama or something. Could she possibly be related to Mean Girls in reality? LOL. Kidding. But.... Maybe that's possible.
    I stood up quickly and did a bow to someone I don't even know.
   "Humph. That's better. Know your place here.
   I am pretty pissed now, but I got a spectacular idea how to piss her off. Standing up straight and fixing my uniform, I tapped the girl on the shoulder. She turned around like I expected.
   "What?"
   " I know that I'm a foreigner, so yeah. I know my place already."
   I plastered on my nicest smile to get her blood boiling even more.
   " UHGG!"
   Now back to my packing.
                               ***

Takuto's POV

"So, have any money today Takuto? I need my regular money bank to give me my money. Or do you wanna suffer my wrath?"
His 'crew' smirked and laughed behind him. As if that was their cue, they shoved me onto the ground. Then a felt pain spread throughout my body. Foot hitting my ribs and elbows jabbing my stomach. I can feel my blood trickling down the sides of my mouth. I grimaced in pain, but I swallowed my pride.
   "I know. Why not give us your paintings? You're a good artist after all. We could make a couple of good bucks by selling them."
   No. Anything but my artworks. I've worked on many of them for such a long time. I can't.
   Before I get the chance to say anything, my vision blurred and everything melted into  white.
                             ***
Rose's POV( the girl)

The clock in my room stroke 11:00 P.M. My stomach was growling at me furiously, I haven't ate anything in the last... 6 hours or so?
I walked downstairs and pulled the refrigerator door open. I totally forgot that mom didn't buy any ingredients for meals yet. I'll just go out and eat then.
***
After a few minutes of walking, I found a shop next to an alley.
Disgusting. Just disgusting. I can smell the smell of the people who pass by me. I have a sensitive nose so I can smell things easily. Considering that the person who just passed by me was wearing heavy cologne, my nose now itches like crazy. Wait. I took another whiff of air in. There's something else in the air besides the smell of food and cologne...
There's blood.
Normally if I sniff in blood, I would just ignore it cuz it could just be someone else bleeding or something. Was it in the alley? Did a rat die or something? Either way, I'm gonna find where it came from. Some things I don't tell people cuz I don't feel like it. Like when I told my best friend Kat that I secretly study to become a herbalist.
Her first reaction were "R U HIGH?"
Me: I'm serious
Kat: ....ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
Me : whatever...
Anyways, I got closer to the alley. I have a feeling it possibly is a dead rat. Compared to others, I'm not that freaked out about animals and dead things when I stumble onto them cuz they're just part of nature. That's it. Nothing to freak about while others scream and yell in horror as they see it. I just don't.
Then I see Takuto.