Broken

Today I stopped trying to be 'someone' for somebody who never thought of me as anyone appreciated.  

Inside, I know it will be for the best, although I feel an emptiness...knowing what I considered worthwhile proved shallow and no less. 

I've learned sometimes emotions seem clearer than perception, and eventually can lead to a heart-breaking revelation that their friendship was in fact deception. 

I cry tears of realization that once again I believed the lies, that were in disguise, and covered honesty was marked with coy flattery. 

leaving me with a low battery...

I can and will move on...But I won't forget I was forgotten and actually believed a lie. Not a lie from the mouth but a lie from the heart. 

I musnt be sorry for the encouragement and love I shared, because I know what I offered was itself a dare. To let someone have a part of me...Who didn't care, Because...Moments like these are rare. Moments where I feel what I felt to be 'nothing.' Even though I tried really hard to be 'something' in your eyes.

Thanks for the lesson learned and I always remembered...

you were were a lucky someone who successfully got the best part of me.

Now I'll throw away the broken and shattered pieces and leave you be.