Chapter N i n e

// Aleks //

I had left James a note stating that I was going to be headed to the store and he should go home and get more clothes for more nights over at my house. I enjoyed his company. He made me feel happy and I haven't felt that in awhile. I hadn't felt anything in awhile. I've always whored myself but, for James..I wanted to change.

Walking to the store didn't take long since it was just a block or two down the road. I already had a basket full of goodies - popcorn, hershey bars, doritos, and Pepsi. I was not standing in the pastry isle debating on whether cheesecake, cake or brownies would be better for our night together. I sat the basket on the ground as I began to scan through the different types of pastries. They all seemed so good. I know what I would like but I wasn't too sure about James. 

I jumped when I felt a touch on my shoulder. I breathed out as I saw it was no one other than Lacie, an ex fuck buddy of mine. Her skirt was too small for her and her shirt was lowcut and a crop top. Her hair was in a messy bun and her make up was simple. She stepped closer as she leaned into me. 

"Hey, Aleks. It's been awhile, huh?" The tone of seduction was definitely clear in her voice. I laughed a little as I stepped back.

"Yeah, yeah. What do you want?" I asked as I brought my attention back to scanning the rows.

"You. I think you want me too." She stepped closer once more and took both of my arms wrapping them around her. Her breasts were pressed against his chest and he tried to remove his arms.

"Look, I'm trying to actually stay committed to this person I'm wanting right now. So..it would be nice if you'd back off." Instead of backing off she began biting his neck.

"Aleksandr, I think we both know you want a taste of me. It's been so long. I know I want a taste of you...I won't tell a single soul." She took my hand and guided me through the different isles til we reached the mens bathroom. Something inside of me told me this was all so wrong and I needed to get away from here but I couldn't. 

She pinned me against the wall as she kissed up my jaw and then to my lips where we began to make out. The only thing I could think of was how wrong this was to do this to James. She detached herself from me and began to lower herself, unzipping my pants. I felt a cool breeze and then was wrapped with warmth. It felt so wrong but so good at the same time. Guilt started to over take me as I had let a moan exit my lips. I heard the bathroom door open and a familiar voice. 

"What the fuck?" Seamus' voice is rang out as I pushed Lacie off of him and scrambles to pull his pants up. 

"Seamus, it's not what it looks like, I swear." Guilt and sadness fill his voice as Seamus shakes his head and exits the bathroom. I ran out the door and towards Seamus as he was already getting inside of his car. "Please don't tell James. It was a mistake, don't tell him!" 

Seamus looks him dead in the eye and shakes his head. "Go fuck yourself, Marchant." And speeds off leaving me there to fall to my knees.

// James // 

I began to get dressed and headed downstairs where I found a note that Aleksandr had left me. He stated that he would be going to the store and that I should head home to gather more clothes and bring them back over. I grabbed my keys and bag full of dirty clothes and exited his house and headed down the street. I heard a car begin to gang up on me as I turned around. It roared right past me and then slammed on the breaks. The car went into reverse and stopped next to me. It was then when I realized it was Seamus. He was redder than a tomato and he was not very happy.

"Oh, hey, buddy." I smiled at him as he stayed serious.

"Get in the car, James." His voice was stern and not like anything I have heard in awhile. I took a deep breath as I opened the door and slide into the passenger side. Seamus took off again. I looked his way as my smile faded.

"What is wrong, Seamus? Did something happen at home..?" I asked as he shook his head. 

"I can't tell you right now. We are going to go somewhere more public to talk, alright?" I just nodded my head as we drove.

He ended up taking me to a coffee shop. There were many people and it smelled of freshly ground up coffee beans. I smiled at the smell of it. I was sitting at a small table in the corner waiting for Seamus to come back with my Vanilla Bean Frappe. I was wondering what was wrong. I had no clue. My phone kept going off and I soon had to silence it. Aleksandr kept calling me and he kept leaving me voicemail after voicemail. I had no idea what was wrong with him but I knew I had to deal with Seamus first. I just hoped that nothing bad happened. I didn't want any of my friends to be in danger or to get hurt in any way, shape or form. I knew it must have been serious what he was dealing with because, Seamus always comes to public places to tell me his feelings because, he knows that if we are in a public place, he won't act out. 

He soon returned with my drink and handed me a straw. I hit it on the table as it poked out through the paper. I slide it past the whip cream and to the actual drink as I enjoyed the taste of the ice cream flavored coffee hitting my tongue. 

"So," I started as I swirled my straw around in the drink, "You want to tell me what is going on?" I asked as he sighed and crossed his arms, leaning forward. 

"When I give you this information, promise not to freak out? I don't want you to freak out. You need to remain calm." Seamus told me as I sat back in my chair. So, it had to do with me..okay.

"Alright...what is it?" 

"I went to the store earlier because, I just got done hanging out with Jordan and I needed to take the piss of a lifetime. So, I asked where the bathroom was and when I approached the door I had heard moans come from inside. I wasn't too sure what to think but I decided to go ahead and enter anyway, because well fuck, you know me." He took a break and avoided my eyes. "When I walked inside...Aleks pants were on the ground and a girl was giving him a blowjob." He then looked into my eyes as I smiled and sat up. 

I felt my heart break. It was like a crystal glass hitting the floor and shattering into a million pieces. No glue could fix this glass. I felt myself heat up and my eyes begin to well up. I was clenching my shirt with my hands and I wanted to scream. I was so hurt and broken but so pissed at Aleksandr. I had opened myself up to him and trusted him to only be let down.

Seamus scooted closer to the table and reached over and wiped a tear that had fallen. "James, I can't express how sorry I am. I wish that Aleks wasn't such a dick bag." I let my smile fade and I nodded, letting out a deep breath.

"Seamus...thank you." I stood up and grabbed my drink. "I think I need to go home and get some rest or do homework. I will see you tomorrow at school." I gave him a weak smile as I walked out of the coffee shop and down the street. He knew better than to chase me but I also knew that sometime today, he would show up at my house.

It makes sense as to why I had so many voicemails. I stopped and sat on a bench under a tree. I flipped out my phone and began to play the voicemails.

"James, I really need to talk to you. Please call me."

"James, Seamus is going to come to you with an insane story. I hope you call me back so I can explain the whole thing. It is not what it sounds like!"

"I don't know why you aren't answering me. Please, James."

"He must have told you because, you aren't answering me. James, I never meant to hurt you. Please..."

The sound of his pleading voice made me so angry. 'It's not what it sounds like.' Now isn't that such a funny thing to say...